V.I.P.

0zfest
0zfest Posts: 69 Match Maker
I have a couple of quick questions ...
Why doesn't the V.I.P. last the whole month ? (weather its 28, 29, 30 or 31 days long)
Why do you say the V.I.P. is 28 days but players only receive 27 prizes ?
Please post relevant to this post only, in other words please stick to the topics listed here.
I am %100 correct all the time (I am human and may make mistakes)

Comments

• 0zfest
    oops ... I am NOT right %100 of the time. Sorry for the typo
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Did you include the LT for signing up? Also, at 28 days, the devs are trying to get the extra $. 
  • 0zfest
    The LT, as you put it doesn't count because its actually called a "bonus" for renewing (no renew=no "LT")

• FokaiHI
    I always renew. $10 for "27" prizes and the bonus for pve, I'm good. 
  • 0zfest
    That is EXACTLY why things like this happen. you are actually saying this is o.k.
    If we stick together we can be heard or at least not as easily ignored.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is to keep things as simple as possible in terms of timing. VIP lasts exactly 4 weeks, regardless of whether the month is 31, 30, 29 or 28 days. They would have to code for four different conditions otherwise.

And if VIP was timed to months, people would buy only in months that have 31 days to maximize the number of rewards for the amount paid. 
  • FokaiHI
    Dude. I don't care if I pay $10. It's not a big deal. The value I get in ISO alone makes it okay for me. We are at different stages of the game. You want F2P, I don't care. 
  • 0zfest
    The issue here is are we being taken advantage of or not ?
    Maybe I should just give up trying to explain this to people, half don't understand and the other half feel they need to defend the game devs (what they get from that eludes me)
    Who cares how much coding they would have to do (that's their job), do you care how many shovels full of coal a miner loads in a day ? At any rate this is too far off topic for me already and will close this.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    The issue is how much money do you have to spend for this game. My salary is above average in my country, but my country is still kinda poor, yet I pay the same for this game (and everything else purchased from abroad).. For someone in Western Europe or North America, spending 20$ (2 VIP renewals) in one month is not a lot. For me it is. It's why I'd prefer VIP to last 30 days, so I don't see 2 payments on my phone bill. But if everyone else is ok with the current system, the devs would be crazy to change it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    [Closing this thread at the request of the OP]
This discussion has been closed.