General Suggestions

Make more Common and Uncommon characters.

Do you guys realize that there are more 3 and 4 star characters then there are 1 and 2 star. Technically how you can pull a heroic cover and not get a rare is beyond me since technically speaking by character count you should actually have more chance to get a 3 star then a 2 star. Also introduce new villains in the game. I am getting a little tired fighting the Dark Avengers over and over again we need some new characters and challenges.

Bring on Asgard and Atlantis

While it is fun to see the Savage Land show up (I loved it) we need more places and some new effects. (In addition you can introduce characters like Sif, Valkyrie, etc., and Tiger Shark and Namor etc., which reminds me how the heck did you do a savage land and not bring Kazar to the game?) In addition maybe make a background that looks like the place we are supposed to be in.. like a nice Jungle Background behind the teams in the Savage Land, while this is a minor thing it would add some flair to the game.

Make the points lost in PVP more fair

Now I am not so much complaining of getting attacked by a guy that has a higher level team then mine, but honestly if the guy has 100+ level advantage on character to character basis. (Maxed out Rares compared to my level 30 something team) how is it I lose 14-20 points because my team could not mount a defense? I think maybe you need to do something that kicks in if you are attacked by such a team the points lost will be lower.. (Like 1-3 tops) that would help.

Make a Cover shop

Tired of getting additional covers you don't need, no problem put them up on the shop for so many Iso, or perhaps Hero Points, You can buy the cover from another player. This will make it easier to get that one cover that seems to be avoiding you.

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Relias27 wrote:
    In addition maybe make a background that looks like the place we are supposed to be in.. like a nice Jungle Background behind the teams in the Savage Land, while this is a minor thing it would add some flair to the game.
    PC/Steam version of the game actually has this, FYI. So if the phone version doesn't, it's probably intentional.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Technically how you can pull a heroic cover and not get a rare is beyond me since technically speaking by character count you should actually have more chance to get a 3 star then a 2 star.
    The way I think the math works is that you have certain small chance at the pull being a 3* cover. From there it determines which character it is, not before. So the number of characters in the 3* field has no bearing on the initial odds.

Bring on Asgard and Atlantis.
    Meh. The environment means little to me, beyond what the tiles can do. As for Sif and Tigershark, I hope they are on the bottom of the list of characters to be released. I can think of about 300 off the top of my head I'd rather have.

Make the points lost in PvP fair.
    I'm with you on this one.

Make a cover shop
    This would ruin the entire economy of the game as it stands. Don't hold your breath.
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    Relias27 wrote:
    In addition maybe make a background that looks like the place we are supposed to be in.. like a nice Jungle Background behind the teams in the Savage Land, while this is a minor thing it would add some flair to the game.
    PC/Steam version of the game actually has this, FYI. So if the phone version doesn't, it's probably intentional.

I noticed that when I downloaded it on steam.. It's awesome, I wonder how a Atlantis and Asgard background would look. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dormammu wrote:
    Technically how you can pull a heroic cover and not get a rare is beyond me since technically speaking by character count you should actually have more chance to get a 3 star then a 2 star.
    The way I think the math works is that you have certain small chance at the pull being a 3* cover. From there it determines which character it is, not before. So the number of characters in the 3* field has no bearing on the initial odds.

Bring on Asgard and Atlantis.
    Meh. The environment means little to me, beyond what the tiles can do. As for Sif and Tigershark, I hope they are on the bottom of the list of characters to be released. I can think of about 300 off the top of my head I'd rather have.

Make the points lost in PvP fair.
    I'm with you on this one.

Make a cover shop
    This would ruin the entire economy of the game as it stands. Don't hold your breath.

Well on the first one, I don't know I kind of think of it like pulling a card from a CCG, I mean if you look at a set and it has way more rares then Uncommon and Commons, and yet somehow you can't manage to pull a rare, it just seems wrong somehow, I don't know, in addition I question the fact that all new characters it seems has to be rare or Legendary? I mean technically there are some characters I would love to see, like maybe The Original Human Torch(Not the FF one) and Mad Thinker, maybe Puppet Master, but honestly do all these characters need to be, or better yet deserve to be rares? Do we really need a Rare Modok, Zodiac, or Underworld? I think the answer is no but it seems if they make the game that is the only way they will do it. In addition you could make the argument that since we have so many rares it is just making that much harder to really build your characters up.

On the second, personally I think it would be interesting to see what you can do with those places.

On the fourth, I don't know I don't think it will impact it as much as you think seeing as to how we keep getting new rares. I actually think if anything it would make character building less frustrating, perhaps make the game a bit more inviting., but I am still not going to hold my breath.
  • Relias27 wrote:

Do you guys realize that there are more 3 and 4 star characters then there are 1 and 2 star. Technically how you can pull a heroic cover and not get a rare is beyond me since technically speaking by character count you should actually have more chance to get a 3 star then a 2 star. Also introduce new villains in the game. I am getting a little tired fighting the Dark Avengers over and over again we need some new characters and challenges.
    I think that's part of their strategy and it is good:

The most important thing with introducing new cards is to improve the overall set of cards. By 'improve' I mean the new card has to be interesting. From the point of a 1*-player EVERY card is interesting. But when you already have a maxed out 3*-team a new 1* character is nothing you will ever use. Maybe you collect it but you also know that there is no reason to hurry because you will get hundreds of these covers for free as any other 1*.
    What keeps the game interesting for players who already have many covers is seeing new cards who are hard to get AND at its best are nice to play (which does not mean they have to be good but in some way interesting to play).

So, I guess they will introduce more 3*s. Maybe also some 2*s and maybe even a 1* just for fun. AND they will increase the number of 4*s. A few months from now we will see 4*s as a part of more and more teams. At that time they will introduce the first 5* - and maybe tokens that include only 3*s, 4*s and 5*s.
    New characters will most often be 4*s and everybody will collect them. People will fight with the 3* to 4* transition just like today from 2 to 3.

To be honest: This is the only way I can imagine to keep the game interesting. What else should keep you motivated after you maxed all your 3*s and those three 3 4*-covers?
    Maxing all the covers twice?
    Winning the new 1*-cover... while you have 10.000 standard tokens that you didn't even use because there was nothing to get from them?
    No, what keeps you motivated is a chance to get this one special very very rare new card.

AND NOW GIVE ME THAT FATCAT NICK FURY!

("fatcat" - when "tinykitty" is not enough...)
  • Make a Demote Button

I have noticed in the Alliances that we cannot kick a commander, well what happens if a commander becomes inactive? We are just stuck with them in our roster, make a button that the commander(s) that made the alliance can either kick em off or demote them then kick them. Needs to happen badly.
  • Relias27 wrote:
    Make a Demote Button

I have noticed in the Alliances that we cannot kick a commander, well what happens if a commander becomes inactive? We are just stuck with them in our roster, make a button that the commander(s) that made the alliance can either kick em off or demote them then kick them. Needs to happen badly.

The whole alliance management needs to be revisited, at the moment it's very limited and if the alliance creator becomes inactive (it's happened to us) the only option you have is "Abandon the alliance and form a new one".
  • Kappei wrote:
    Relias27 wrote:
    Make a Demote Button

The whole alliance management needs to be revisited, at the moment it's very limited and if the alliance creator becomes inactive (it's happened to us) the only option you have is "Abandon the alliance and form a new one".

You email CS.
  • Who would be in charge of the Demote Button? Otherwise it would just lead to commanders been kicked left, right and center.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    can you please not say "NEW AWARD" every time when you only get 20 iso-8 icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    tyru_yaka wrote:
    Relias27 wrote:

To be honest: This is the only way I can imagine to keep the game interesting. What else should keep you motivated after you maxed all your 3*s and those three 3 4*-covers?
    Maxing all the covers twice?
    Winning the new 1*-cover... while you have 10.000 standard tokens that you didn't even use because there was nothing to get from them?
    No, what keeps you motivated is a chance to get this one special very very rare new card.

I dunno, I think there are other ways to make you more interested in using a wider range of cards, across star levels.

The first would be to introduce some kind of teams bonus, like if all your character are members of the x-men you get some bonus damage to power usage or maybe a new combination, if power colours over-lap or something. It'd be interesting, and might be more beneficial to have different star levels then just three high cards. Or not. I mean, there are kind of enough characters now to start building these teams. A lot of people are complaining about facing the same teams as well, such as Black Widow and Thor, so this might offer some variation.

I'd also attach like achievement to cards too, that are activated through special conditions. This would also combat repetitive team choice and prolong the life of use of covers for achievement hunters. Might also be fun to have specific challenges on the covers. Say like, bagman has to defeat venom so many times to get a hp/attack boost or something nearly impossible like do a certain amount of damage to a four star, for bragging right. Or Patches has to be partnered with one star storm for some many battles for some minor stat boost, or something. So if people are getting bored of just using the same three stars, and getting 1200 in tourneys they could just achievement hunt instead. You could even somehow turn achievements into alliance points, combat the problem that the three stars covers in pvp are going to people that do not need them but the alliance points - but dunno how that would work really - a bit iffy I admit. And any system there would most probably be open to exploitation. But might be worth thinking about - but I am getting off the point here.

You could even rig it so with a specific iso level and achievement you can turn the character cards into items that you can apply to any cover of that character. Say like, Bag-man, and one of his achievements and a certain iso level nets you his bag to be put on spidey for a slight damage reduction, and another the fantastic four suit so you can partner spidey with the fantastic four as a team which you can add to the covers, like a boost that doesn't expire with use. And soon as you convert him, you have to start collecting him again. I say a certain iso level - as not one would want to have to max three or four levels to convert, and they might not want to anyway. But it'd increase the use of one or two and pro-long the build of three stars.

It's not a perfect idea, I admit, but there's fun to be had with it - if you can get the balance right. And as I say, it help create more variety too, even the most useless characters would have a use. For a bit.
  • jozier wrote:
    Kappei wrote:
    Relias27 wrote:
    Make a Demote Button

You email CS.

You email CS and they answer that the alliance creator cannot be demoted or removed from the roster.
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Kappei wrote:

You email CS and they answer that the alliance creator cannot be demoted or removed from the roster.

I think that is kind of understandable from a business perspective - as is the whole kicking or demoting commanders involuntarily. Say you started an alliance, invested the initial iso, and HP for several ranks, and something happened so you couldn't play for a month. You come back and you've been kicked from your alliance, that is going to cause problems and potentially legal problems for D3, as they've essentially invalidated someone's purchase.

The same problems can be seen if the creator of alliance, falls out with his other commanders who have invested HP into the alliance. If he kicks them, then there is going to be complaints and possibly complaints there over investments and purchases. Hence, all the coming and going of commanders are going to have be voluntary unless they include some sort of contract or something upon on creation or promotion of the commander where they say a period of inactivity will invalidate their position/account.

Not really up on my legal stuff, but can see why it'd be a thorny issue. It might be better if alliance ranks were an electronic item, or something attached to the characters that purchased them. And thus, kicking any inactive commander wouldn't lose their investment, as it'd be attached to them. Then alliances would only have to buy out the inactive creator with iso - which is fair. I suppose. But that in itself will increase problems with roster size after the kicking, so I dunno. I don't design games - for a good reason most probably lol