3* Vault Rotation

Options
grewhorio
grewhorio Posts: 92 Match Maker
Anyone else feeling we need a big shuffle on 3*s in the Vault? I know we've all complained enough about vaulting but if it is going to stay can we at least get more rotation between seasons in the Vault? 

I'm a mostly f2p vet and have 20 or so 3*s at 266 and about 10 re-champed between 167 and 192. 

I think if it is targeted to still be useful for all levels of players then that's good. Maybe if the devs have the whole season mapped out include all that seasons PVP 3*s plus the Lightning Round heroes.

Speaking of which, also shuffle Lightning Rounds god damn.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This seems like feedback
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,754 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They should rotate half and half each season. Although in reality there's no reason at all to have vaulted 3 stars anyway. They come so fast anyway and with elite tokens it would have been fine for new players to cover them. 

Rotate them them or put them all back please!
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think it's fine as it is. It lets new players cover a good spread of 3*s quickly and the focus on 20 characters has sped up my 5* transition massively due to the LT and CP rewards from level 223 onwards.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's fine as it is. It lets new players cover a good spread of 3*s quickly and the focus on 20 characters has sped up my 5* transition massively due to the LT and CP rewards from level 223 onwards.
    Like 4* vaulting, it hurts the vets more than the transitioners. For my part I've got nearly all of the currently available 3*s max champed with a new champ rising, whereas the vaulted ones (except Magneto because yay 2* farms) are all languishing at 225 or so. They're climbing slowly because of placement rewards and the like, but the difference is pretty dramatic.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony Foot said:
    They should rotate half and half each season. Although in reality there's no reason at all to have vaulted 3 stars anyway. They come so fast anyway and with elite tokens it would have been fine for new players to cover them. 

Rotate them them or put them all back please!
    I think the main reason for vaulting was to help transitioning users.  You might be in a position where getting covers for all 44 characters would be better, but if you had a 2* roster and were just starting out it would be different.

The current system reduces the number of roster slots you'd need to acquire to make it safe to open elite tokens without worrying about wasting them, and makes fully covering those characters faster.  The idea being that they can get a decent 3* roster together quicker and get hooked on 4* characters.

If they do any kind of rotation, they'd want to keep those properties.  They could probably do this a bit faster than they're adding new 3* characters, but it isn't clear how much faster.