Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
AKA Bad boards and enemy cascades 'R Us  :s 

Comments

• PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    not gonna lie I'm slashing and cleaving my way through the event with my boosted C4rol, PunMax and Medusa
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    C4rol, with the 3-star versions of Iron Fist and Human Torch here. Five green to start boosting the strike tile every turn. Five purple to get lots more Black for Photonic Barrage. It's a really nice team.
  • qandols
    Options
    C4rol, Blad3 and 3Torch, lots of countdowns and strike tiles 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Too bad I don't have a boosted C4rol.  This is not a fun event for my team.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The 2* essential in the first sub is positively brutal. Witch = cascade into purple for one of three painful conditions; AOE plus stun if Witch; attack tiles if Ant-Man; black cascade if Fist. Fist's free attack tile bleeds you. Fist's cheap green adds to the bleeding with strikes. Ant-Man steals your own specials on his blue, puts out more strike tiles on yellow.

Sure they have no red nor black power but bloody hell it's an annoying fight.
  • sambrookjm
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The 2* essential in the first sub is positively brutal. Witch = cascade into purple for one of three painful conditions; AOE plus stun if Witch; attack tiles if Ant-Man; black cascade if Fist. Fist's free attack tile bleeds you. Fist's cheap green adds to the bleeding with strikes. Ant-Man steals your own specials on his blue, puts out more strike tiles on yellow.

Sure they have no red nor black power but bloody hell it's an annoying fight.
    This event has a lot of annoying essentials. Kamala Khan, Star Lord and Vision is annoying because of super cheap abilities leading to lots of healing from KK and Vision's AoE. On the Villain side, Ultron/Doc Ock/Carnage is another "positively brutal" matchup. The two star is also pretty bad, with 3-star Magneto and a blue feeder.

I still like the event, though. Two days to clear, so it's nice and leisurely. A C4rol cover is *always* a nice reward (unless you can't use the color, of course!) Plus, Deadpool.

Edit - Forgot a really annoying non-essential node in the Villians: Dr Doom and the Blue/Black feeders.  The next time I make it through that node without Doom Summoning Demons will be the first...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, when was the last time Deadpool was a featured essential in his own event?
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    jamesh said:
    So, when was the last time Deadpool was a featured essential in his own event?

Probably the first time it was run...
  • qandols
    Options
    Not to mention Loki, Ares and Rags node, *shudder*
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

On the Villain side, Ultron/Doc Ock/Carnage is another "positively brutal" matchup.
    Heh. I've got a 12-cover Medusa and a champ Carol. That match gets insanely fun for me very quickly, actually.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

Edit - Forgot a really annoying non-essential node in the Villians: Dr Doom and the Blue/Black feeders.  The next time I make it through that node without Doom Summoning Demons will be the first...
    Someone somewhere else (might be the fun teams thread) mentioned using c4rol, Loki and 3fist. It seems to work to great effect here, let doom have match 4s and let c4rol's passive boost that attack tile to insane levels very very quickly. Doom matching blue giving you black is a nice thing also.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

On the Villain side, Ultron/Doc Ock/Carnage is another "positively brutal" matchup.
    Heh. I've got a 12-cover Medusa and a champ Carol. That match gets insanely fun for me very quickly, actually.
    I threw in Human torch to that combo, get a torch green out and it's very satisfying.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Both are champed for me, paired with a champed Wasp. Toward the end of the match on the fourth clear, they were dealing about 800 damage from their attack tiles, and I was dealing over 10K with my attack and strike tiles. 
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That carnage node is absolutely brutal if you don't have all those fun champed 4*s. It was just annoying on my mobile account but on my Steam account where I only have a couple champed 3*s I burned most of my packs just doing the initial 4 clears.
  • M3rGuEZ
    M3rGuEZ Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    madok said:
    That carnage node is absolutely brutal if you don't have all those fun champed 4*s. It was just annoying on my mobile account but on my Steam account where I only have a couple champed 3*s I burned most of my packs just doing the initial 4 clears.
    Try this teamp

3*Magneto, 3* hawkeye and Carol obviously
    - Feed Magneto's blue by matching enemy tiles with Hawkeye's black ( 2blue and 2purple for each tiles matched)
    - Carol's Yellow for hawkeye purple

done.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My favorite event because if the two 48 sub levels. #FANTASTIC
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you're fighting board movers (which you are often in this pve) 4Carol, Loki, Iron Fist is a vicious team to use. Let the enemy take the match-4/5s, and 4Carol will boost Iron Fist's attack tile like a boss from the resolving Mischief countdowns. Plus, Loki hides behind everyone (since Fist is also boosted). 
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    If you're fighting board movers (which you are often in this pve) 4Carol, Loki, Iron Fist is a vicious team to use. Let the enemy take the match-4/5s, and 4Carol will boost Iron Fist's attack tile like a boss from the resolving Mischief countdowns. Plus, Loki hides behind everyone (since Fist is also boosted). 

Heh...I used that team vs Sentry/Daken/Kingpin. They made four match 4s on the first turn. Once they all resolved, Iron Fists's attack tile was over 6300. That fight went very, very quickly.