I deleted all 93 of my heroes. Thought you might enjoy watching the carnage

2»

Comments

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    You missed one (at 18:13).

Also: You went from 'I got my 5* Spidey on the first try!' to 'I'm thoroughly quitting this game' in 2 days?

Furthermore: You're only 658 days away from an IM46 cover! You're almost halfway there! Don't quit now!!!
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I respect anyone with the willpower to do this - if I did maybe I would finally learn that instrument and get around to writing a novel
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I respect anyone with the willpower to do this - if I did maybe I would finally learn that instrument and get around to writing a novel
    Is it really willpower?  This seems more like getting frustrated and breaking your instrument and burning your novel...
  • Bloodsport84
    Bloodsport84 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Impressive, that what you do with addiction and kill RNG >:) for good, cheers.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Is it really willpower?  This seems more like getting frustrated and breaking your instrument and burning your novel...
    I agree with you. This feels more like a tantrum.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    One less person to worry about in PVP
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    I'm generally a skeptic, so I'm assuming this was a boxed account anyhow... either from the start or freshly boxed.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    The real frustration will come when the regret rises, he/she contacts customer service to re-establish the roster the day before deletion, only to find out you get back empty slots, and a pile of ISO. Good luck in whatever direction you go, though.
  • MigWorldOrder
    MigWorldOrder Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    broll said:
    Actually you kind of hit the nail on the head. I love this game and its just so addicting that I spend like 80% of my time off playing instead of working on my many unfinished screenplays and novels. It's not really a rage quit, (I already changed the title) I just had to do something that would force me to not play so I can spend my time writing.  
  • MigWorldOrder

Obligatory link to the original, from Emeryt himself.

Actually yeah, this video was a big inspiration!

• MigWorldOrder
    The real frustration will come when the regret rises, he/she contacts customer service to re-establish the roster the day before deletion, only to find out you get back empty slots, and a pile of ISO. Good luck in whatever direction you go, though.
    Lol I did re install it in the morning and there's still nothing but tons of ISO and empty slots. Def not gonna try to get them back. 
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    A friend did the same thing. If your truly remorseful, and want the roster back they may re-establish for you. They did for him. Good luck.
  • MigWorldOrder
    Brigby said:
    Hi @MigWorldOrder . It's a saddening moment to see any player decide to leave the game, especially after selling away an extensive roster such as yours.

Would you mind sharing with us what game aspects were of negative impact to your game experience? We want to do our best to work towards improving the game for all players, and any information you could provide would really help.

Either way, we wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors, and we hope to see you again someday.

Hey Brigby! Well actually I love this game. It's a lot of fun and all the latest updates are awesome and I think they have made this game so much more enjoyable. The 'Rage Quit" title was a suggestion from a friend and I have since changed it because I didn't do it out of anger or frustration at all. 

In fact, the real reason I did it is because I am trying to break my addiction to video games. I made this video in particular because this is my favorite game on my phone and I was really sad to see my line up go as I've worked really hard at collecting my roster. This video is my keepsake so I have a memory of the fun times. 

I only posted it because I thought people would enjoy watching and cringing at deleting a high roster for laughs. 

Thanks for all the good times! 
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    I just couldn't watch anymore... did you play with both the sound effects and the "music"?
    That's enough to drive anyone insane.  Congrats for the decision that you feel is best for you.

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread really displays how this game can become such a time sink. Every game can become it, but props to the OP for taking the final solution in  terms of making sure the game is over for you.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby said:
    Hi MigWorldOrder . It's a saddening moment to see any player decide to leave the game, especially after selling away an extensive roster such as yours.

Would you mind sharing with us what game aspects were of negative impact to your game experience? We want to do our best to work towards improving the game for all players, and any information you could provide would really help.

Either way, we wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors, and we hope to see you again someday.

Hey Brigby! Well actually I love this game. It's a lot of fun and all the latest updates are awesome and I think they have made this game so much more enjoyable. The 'Rage Quit" title was a suggestion from a friend and I have since changed it because I didn't do it out of anger or frustration at all. 

In fact, the real reason I did it is because I am trying to break my addiction to video games. I made this video in particular because this is my favorite game on my phone and I was really sad to see my line up go as I've worked really hard at collecting my roster. This video is my keepsake so I have a memory of the fun times. 

I only posted it because I thought people would enjoy watching and cringing at deleting a high roster for laughs. 

Thanks for all the good times! 
    Ahh I see. While it's still sad to see you go, I'm at least glad to hear that it's because the game was too fun, as opposed to too many negative aspects.

I think it's important for players to make sure they're taking care of their health, both physically and mentally, so it's incredibly brave and strong of you to recognize your addiction and are taking steps to address that. (And providing some entertainment for the community too :D 

PS. You should try taking up music! I play instruments to relax and calm my mind, so perhaps it might help you take your thoughts off of video games. Best of luck!
  • MigWorldOrder
    I just couldn't watch anymore... did you play with both the sound effects and the "music"?
    That's enough to drive anyone insane.  Congrats for the decision that you feel is best for you.

LOL Hell no! I always played with both muted!
  • MigWorldOrder
    Brigby said:

Ahh I see. While it's still sad to see you go, I'm at least glad to hear that it's because the game was too fun, as opposed to too many negative aspects.

I think it's important for players to make sure they're taking care of their health, both physically and mentally, so it's incredibly brave and strong of you to recognize your addiction and are taking steps to address that. (And providing some entertainment for the community too :D 

PS. You should try taking up music! I play instruments to relax and calm my mind, so perhaps it might help you take your thoughts off of video games. Best of luck!
    Thanks! Yeah I've been having crazy little anxiety attacks knowing it's all gone but they pass quickly. I'm actually concentrating all my efforts toward writing. I'm mid 2 screenplays and a novel. 

Thanks for the encouragement! 
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    All the very best in your MPQ free future. 
    Love you man  :'(<3