HOU MTGPQ Release?

Options
DumasAG
DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
Tried searching for a thread about this, but didn't see if. If there is one, please feel free to direct me to it.

Do we have any notion as to when HOU will release into MTGPQ? Holding crystals, but I'll blow them on SOI if there's a realistic chance I can build back up to 600-900 before the release (I'm still lacking behold, ulrich, pig, olivia, startled, grip).

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't forget the 295 for Lili, if you want to buy her, and keep in mind the 650 samut (speculating).
    I decided for myself that the Origns mythics will stick around the longest and therefore buy a PP every once and then.
    To your question : I think no release date was announced, but normally, pq is 2-4 weeks behind magic
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So Samut is definitely coming then? Hmm, maybe it's wise to start saving for her, I need a new GR walker now that Arlin is useless in most scenarios...
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Samut will join the pool however it's still after Liliana 3 (supposedly in next two-three weeks she'll be available for $$$), then 3 weeks later fir crystals, then two weeks later new pw from hou for cash then in vault. So you have min 2 months to gather 650 crystals... Plenty of time 
  • damonsteine
    damonsteine Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Cant they fix the scheds and release planes walkers in a timely fashion? Jeez we get lili after new set comes out or just barely before, awesome! 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Cant they fix the scheds and release planes walkers in a timely fashion? Jeez we get lili after new set comes out or just barely before, awesome! 

It seems unless they want a three color PW (one of the two Bolas), they're going to only have two new planeswalkers to issue with HOU...  Samut and another Nissa (back to mono green).

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?type=+[planeswalker]&set=[HOU]
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on them previously saying HOU would be out close to the paper release, and the fact that the current elite pack is lasting for 3 weeks instead of the normal 2, my theory is that HOU will come out on the 20th or 21st.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It seems unless they want a three color PW (one of the two Bolas), they're going to only have two new planeswalkers to issue with HOU...  Samut and another Nissa (back to mono green).

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?type=+[planeswalker]&set=[HOU]

For the love of god, can you hang Nissa up for a while.  I am most excited for the ridiculous dino's and pirates expansion just so we can (hopefully) be done with the gatewatch for a while (ever?)

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options

Nissa is from the Planeswalker decks. Those planeswalkers haven't been brought to PQ, traditionally, leaving me hope that we'll just have Bolas God Pharoah and Samut.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If they do put out a three colored Nico Bolas, I'm interested to see at what cost in crystals and how many runes to level up.

I know MtG is planning to give the Gatewatch a rest for a while and though I understand, I feel like the story with Sorin, Nahiri, and Ugin was left open ended.

• Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sorin81 said:
    If they do put out a three colored Nico Bolas, I'm interested to see at what cost in crystals and how many runes to level up.

I know MtG is planning to give the Gatewatch a rest for a while and though I understand, I feel like the story with Sorin, Nahiri, and Ugin was left open ended.

Luckily Sorin, Nahiri, Sarkhan, Ugin and many other interesting planeswalkers are not necessarily connected to the Gatewatch so we can expect to see them again.
    On the other hand, if I understood correctly, the major complaint was not about the Gatewatch story-wise (except for the fact that perhaps we don't want to see all members of Justice League in every single set/block) but rather that their planeswalker cards saw so many versions. This should open awesome space for other recurring planeswalkers to see new cards (though funny enough Sorin probably has had enough reprints recently... they might give us more awesome story content about Narset, Elspeth, Domri or even Kiora (it's been now a bit since we've seen her last time...)
  • Sorin81
    Options
    Looking forward to any new story content. 

Side note:
    There is another version of Sorin already designed and in the game. Unfortunately this Sorin is only playable during training at the very beginning of the game. 
    Spoiler
    5EsDx3Zgif
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I believe unfortunately this Sorin has now been replaced by Kiora with a deck full of BAF mythics, exert, drowner, Etc.
  • Sorin81
    Options
    Do you mean replaced in the training at the beginning of the game?
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes sorry, replaced in the training
  • efhktddyjkb
    efhktddyjkb Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Options

@Brigby Can we get a little preview of when and what is coming in HOU in MtGPQ, please ? I'm pretty sure that the players (and myself) would love to know things like :

When the set will be release ? In how many parts ?

How many PW will come with the set ? Which one ?

Thank you for your help !

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @efhktddyjkb We're currently working on compiling some info together for the 2.2 Pre-Release Notes, however I don't have an exact date of when we will be posting that.

It should have a bit of insight into what players can expect, however the bulk of the information will be in the Final Release Notes when the update is available for download.