Fixing PVP

Options
Frailezim
Frailezim Posts: 68
I’ve been thinking of PVP and how to fix it as I find it bizarre that we currently have a system in place that actively encourages losing and playing like a **** as no one really wants to face strong team after strong team. I’m not sure how you guys feel, but I actually enjoy building up a team and then actually using it against everyone. Not just 141 stacked teams but all teams.

Many of my more memorable gaming experiences were the simple story arcs of wet behind the ears noob grinding through many trials and tribulations, fighting rats and getting thumped by the odd orc, skeleton, dragon ( insert baddy here) until finally building a godlike team to ultimately win the day. Now this obviously can only be achieved by taking on the end boss/nemesis, but this didn’t prevent you from going back to your home town and unleashing all that pent up rage on some poor random orc minding his own business. There is a distinct joy in using a complete disproportionate amount of force on someone who once was a challenge and is now lower than you. Why use a simple arrow when you can use dragons breath?

So what I am ultimately getting at is that everyone should be fair game. However there is a caveat. If you come across a nice low level team, they don’t lose points if ( ha who am I kidding WHEN) you beat them. As a completely arbitrary measurement let’s say there is a 50% threshold, say they have a 80,50,50 team and you have a 141,141,141 team, so that equates to the second team being 57% stronger. Therefore not being liable for the loss penalty in pvp?

Not sure if anyone has brought this up and already shot this down, but I thought it rewards people who have invested time and money into getting a great roster, while keeping it fair on the newer players?

Thoughts?