Champ 4* Carol with low level Roster?

Options
KGB
KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
The bulk of my roster is in the 125 range.

I currently have 4Carol at 13 covers and I just got 3 more from the Sinister 6 event and hit 2 more from the Sinister 6 LT's so I have 5 extra's.

Is it worth taking her all the way to L270 and champing to add those 5 extra covers?

I have 3 other 4*s fully covered (Medusa, Mordo, Jessica Drew) and 4 more at 12 covers (Peggy, 4Blade, Riri, Gwenpool) that should reach 13 soon.

I don't play a lot of PvP (just to 575) so it's still mostly PvE. I have a half dozen 5* at 255 that I assume are what's setting my PvE scaling since boosted characters top out at 190-210 range.

So if I did champ her (ISO is not a problem and I could level a few more into the 140-150 range) would she have any real affect on my PvE scaling in weeks she's not boosted (obviously when boosted she's going to increase max levels quite a bit)? Or would I need to level up some of the others into the 150-160 range?

KGB

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She might bump your scaling up another couple of levels, but not much with those 5* already on your roster. I'd go for it in that circumstance.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Me too. Especially since several others will probably be championed too. Someone's got to be your first :)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would say yes.  Unlike an undercovered underleveled 5* she'll bump your scaling but also be tremendously useful.  You'll just have to bring her to every single match and use health packs to keep her going.  It's up to you if feeling like you have to play with her everytime is a deal breaker or not.
  • Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    And she is really good even with 3* company - Blade, HTorch, Beast, Loki, Steve, Daredevil...
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm going to second what Sendikelm said above.  C4rol with 3*Blade and Torch were my go to team in Sinister Six.  I was able to two shot the level 325 Goblin and Sandman using that team.  Just get as many of the repeating countdown tiles as  you can out there.  I think I had three of Blades and two of Torches one round.  Blades strike tiles were getting boosted an ungodly amount.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Level up Medusa and Blade too
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OK sounds it's like unanimous that I should level her. I have 3 days to do so before the first cover expires.

Gonna wait till start of Venom event and write down my sub node levels on day  1. Then after leveling and champing her I'll compare to day 2 to see how much it changes. (I think she's boosted for some of the event so will have to wait until her boosting goes to get an accurate idea of how much it increases).

KGB
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't think your scaling will update until the event *after* VB; I believe scaling is set at the start of an event. So compare this day one to your next day one. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A hearty yea from me.  Carol's nearing the end of her run.  You want those champ levels.  Mine's approaching 300 and there's been a noticeable step up in power from her first champ level.  She used to do 20k boosted, now it's close to 30k.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
       KGB I'd like to hear your feedback on how you've progressed in your recent PVE event.  I'm kind of in the same situation with Carol as well but, even though I want to eventually champion all my 3*s, I only have really three more 3*s that I'd like to champ but could wait (Mags, Thor, and Cap).  However, if you haven't felt that much of a bump in your node levels, I might save up the iso to champ her as well.  Do you find it's easy to work with Carol or is it difficult to find good team combinations to work with her (with your current roster)?

Subsequently, To be honest, I know having one 4* champ will not make that much of difference in PVP but I feel like I'd have a bit more of a punchers chance since it doesn't matter what clearance level I enter, I'm severely outclassed.  Most recently multiple 5* champed rosters in CL6 and currently tons of 4* champed characters in CL5 as well.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:

I have 3 other 4*s fully covered (Medusa, Mordo, Jessica Drew) and 4 more at 12 covers (Peggy, 4Blade, Riri, Gwenpool) that should reach 13 soon.
    Champ Peggy next. She's a game changer.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    C4rol + Medusa alone have carried me fairly far throughout this last season. 100% worth it. Like mentioned above, if you can combine C4rol with 3 stars that make special tiles/countdowns, it gets ridiculous fast. I think Blade is the best, followed by torch. If you have someone else making tiles, Cap is also good. If you're running her with Medusa, that's usually good enough.