move account

Options
ShawnP1
ShawnP1 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
How exactly do I move my account to a new phone and do I need to download magic puzzle quest first?

Comments

• Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is it to the same kind of phone? (Android or iOS) And have you linked your mtgpq  account to a Facebook account? 
  • ShawnP1
    Options
    They are both android, and I don't like Facebook
  • Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    Linking your account to a dummy FB account would make transferring easier and give a little more resilience against unexpected login bugs, so it might be worth going a little out of the way to do, but if not, you might have to contact support with your UID (under settings) and some other information in order to get them to help you with the transfer, as I don't think it's possible outside of those two methods.
  • ShawnP1
    Options
    Do I need to download Mtg puzzle quest first?
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, I'd download it first @ShawnP1. It will definitely be easiest if you link it to a dummy Facebook account (just make one with a random name if you don't actually want to use Facebook.) Then when you download and open mtgpq on your new phone, instead of clicking on the button that starts the training, there should be a different button that says something like, "log on using Facebook.' 

If you REALLY don't want to use Facebook under any circumstance, like others have mentioned, you'll want to download the app, send an email to customer service and they'll ask for your accounts UID, user name and all of the info about your new phone. When I did it, they took about 2 weeks to transfer it for me. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Moving to Bugs & Technical Issues, so @Tombstone can take a look at it
  • klobberer
    klobberer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My phone died. Game was backed up via Google play not facebook. Am I not going to be able to get my game back?
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @ShawnP1 Brigby went ahead and created a support ticket from your initial message, however I'm unsure if you received the email with the instructions that went with it. If you still require assistance in restoring your account to the new device and cannot find our email, please reach out to our Customer Support team for further assistance.

If you're unsure of how to reach Customer Support, you can use the following the link to contact them: https://d3go.com/mobile-games-support