Trial of Strength Objectives

Options
babar3355
babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards

Can anyone confirm if the objectives are correct for the embalm node in ToS?

Last running it said lose 2 or more creatures but meant lose 2 or less.

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi @babar3355 I personally checked the Sacrifice objective, and that seemed to work correctly when 3 of my creatures died that game.

When it comes to the rest of the objectives, I've reached out to the developers, and am awaiting their response.

Update: The developers have confirmed that the bug was fixed.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks Brigby!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Just for clarity, I have not tried sacrificing creatures to see whether this counts towards the objective. I have heard reports that it currently does not.

I have reached out to the developers to find out if sacrificing creatures is intended to count towards the objective or not. I will inform the community of their response when I hear back from them.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Actually it's better glued than embalming + protector objectives. Embalm is really nice mechanics but you need to be able to use it. And this is done when you are allowed to kill your creatures. 
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Szamsziel said:
    Actually it's better glued than embalming + protector objectives. Embalm is really nice mechanics but you need to be able to use it. And this is done when you are allowed to kill your creatures. 
    Or using Gather the Pack :tongue:
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Speaking of objectives, geez people are doing well in this event. So far it seems a single loss not only puts you out of 1-5, it puts you out of 1-50!
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just be careful.  I sacrificed my 3rd with the manticore but dealt lethal damage from it, so I didn't get credit for the objective.  Not entirely sure why, but still, be warned
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because the lethal damage was done before the end of your turn, which is when your creatures are sacrificed. 
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would describe it more as the lethal damage was
    done before the sacrifice was registered. similar
    to how lifelink lethal damage doesn't actually gain
    you any hp.

HH
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes but whether it's a bug or not, it will almost always reward you the life gain after the match ends, in the reward screen. 
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    that hp top up is from lifegain when you had max
    hp, that's a different bug.

HH
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren said:
    This would have been a great use of the in-game Inbox.
    Agreed! I cannot fathom why they don't use it more often. My other mobile games use it to update me on maintenance, bug fixes, and everything really--they don't make me search through forums to find answers buried in the replies!

The only reason I can think of is that they made the inbox much "prettier" than the others and need to format things instead of just typing out a quick message and I do not approve of sacrificing function for the sake of form. I think it's dumb.