Please take another look and fix 5* Star Lord

Options
Deeznutz1234
Deeznutz1234 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
Sorry if this point has already been made in here but I don't check these forums that often and never post but i finally just had to say something about my overall disappointment with 5* Star Lord. He is hands down the worst 5* ever and needs a substantial buff as soon as possible. It's just really sad and disappointing for GotG fans like myself to see the only guardian represented at the 5* tier be so incredibly useless and poorly designed.  Frankly, someone needs to go back to the drawing board on all 3 of his powers in my opinion.  Star Lord has very little offensive muscle in his ap powers and very little practical defense too. He might have a role as a battery on a team but, for it to be a role worth sidelining another 5* or boosted 4* for, it would need to be much more useful than it is currently. 

As I do believe that SL's most valuable role is as a team battery, his best power is yellow but, even that, at 5 covers is still pretty disappointing and leaves a lot of be desired when compared to other 5* battery powers out there.  I guess the thought here was that this power would be special because of its hybrid nature as a tile color converter and tile charger which could set it apart from other powers in this category - except for when the enemy's strongest power is green.  Then it's just a tile charger and since there are a lot of green strongest powers out there, that's what I've been experiencing a lot of. As far as a tile charging power goes, this one is nothing compared to black bolt's and silver surfer's and as a tile converter, it's really underwhelming especially considering other powers of this type in the game like Phoenix, dr doom, scarlet witch, etc.  This power really needs both aspects of its hybrid battery potential to work together every time in order for it to be somewhat useful and worthy of a 5* power tier.  So, at the very least, I think this power needs to be able to change other color tiles when the enemy's strongest power is green or just not be tied to the enemy's strongest power at all.  No matter what though, for a 5*s best power, this power should be very substantial and, no matter how you look at it for the time being, this is just not anywhere near the case.

Which brings me to his other 2 powers. Starting with his purple power - here again I think the designers were trying to think outside of the box here and do something different by trying to give this power some versatility rather than just another standard steal ability but I just don't think this does anywhere near enough to be relevant. As far as stealing enemy strike, attack and protect tiles, this might be useful at times provided that these tiles are even available but still there are plenty of other 4*s, 3*s and even 2*s that do this just as well if not better.  In my opinion, this isn't that major of an ability in this game so if you're going to use this power for a 5* have it at least steal countdown and invisible tiles too at 5 covers to make it really interesting.  I do like that it steals ap when the enemy special tiles aren't available though but, once again, it just doesn't do this all that well as the numbers and applicability are just too far off to make it really consequential.  Honestly, I'd just keep it simple and have this power steal a lower number of different ap color pools like obw's purple and just leave it at that. There isn't a really good 5* ap steal in the game and star lord is as good as anyone to have this be a really good power for. 

Lastly, this brings us to his green. This is another hybrid type power that just doesn't feel as significant as I think it's meant to.  Its as if the designers thought that just having a power do both tile destruction and aoe damage would be more than enough on its own so that they didn't even really think through the value of its ability to do either all that well.  First of all, if you're going to have a 5* only do damage with 1 of its 3 powers, it should be doozy but for some odd reason, SL only does 8k or so aoe at champion levels which is not even really top tier for a 4*. For a 5*, it's just embarrassing.  It's like the designers feel like the 3 column tile destruction was so valuable that it warranted decreasing the overall ability to do damage but I'd take the damage aspect of this ability over its tile destruction anyway. I guess the big innovation here is that it doesn't destroy friendly special tiles but it does destroy enemy tiles which you are then not able to steal with SL's purple so this is a wash in my opinion. You can take out or leave the column destruction as it just doesn't really do all that much either way in my opinion. It doesn't seem to be able to create crazy cascades like other tiles destruction powers do usually and since it doesn't generate ap or do any extra match damage, it's just super boring and definitely not a game changer. Having this be the power that SL's yellow is a battery for is just a huge let down.  This power needs to do a lot more, specifically damage-wise.  In my opinion, this power should do approximately 3 times the amount of damage it currently does now to even be remotely useful to anyone.  

Please, please, please take another look and buff this character. He's just currently completely worthless as you should be able to tell just by the lack of whales going after him. He's going to be in the latest tokens for at least another 2 months or so though and this game just doesn't interest me enough to have to hoard until he leaves. If you're going to take the time to release new characters for us to spend hard earned money on rostering and leveling, please try and make them at least somewhat playable. This toon is just currently not worth anyone's time or effort, not to mention money.  Let's start here and then we can talk about doc ock next!