Sinister Sandman not reducing damage

halirin
halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
I feel guilty mentioning this, but when I down the round two opponent in sinister six with an ability or countdown, I'm finding that I down Sandman (~25k life) in one shot with IM46 The Winning Team (~29k damage with two Team IM folks). That seems to me like the damage reduction isn't being applied. I didn't try making a match before firing it, so I'm not sure if the timing is a factor. 

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting. Can you recall what you used to down the round one opponent before Sandman appeared? Was it with a cascade + 5 match, ability, or an ability that caused tiles to cascade?
  • chrisf
    chrisf Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I've also noticed that IM40's blue ability is unaffected by sandman's damage reduction, as I had fired red, then blue, and expected to need a third ability to finish him off but the blue did the full 4500ish instead of the expected 2500ish.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    I've done it multiple ways now. This last round I even let him make a few matches before firing TWT, and it still did at least 80% damage. 
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    The damage reduction was working fine till round 7. Now his green does not work at all. Match 5 does not deal dmg to him and there's no dmg reduction. When the dmg reduction was at 40% it worked.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I had one case where the damage were not reduced by half. It was using a yellow TU of 3* Luke Cage.
    I guessed then yellow powers were not affected by the reduction damage.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw this as well, surprising myself when 4* Hulk (Amadeus Cho) took out Sandman with a single use of his green "Mastermind Excello" attack.  He did have the 12+ blue AP to do extra damage, but Sandman should have had several thousand health left after damage reduction.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just as an update for everyone, the developers are looking into the cause of this issue to hopefully fix it before the next rerun of the event. Thank you so much for taking the initiative in bringing this to our attention.