Venom in boss fight - Resolved

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Which heroes can damage him when invisible? I know Bl4ade bloodlust can, but are there others? He is so boring to fight, I generally hate hiding enemies.

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gwenpool, Moon Knight, + area of effect
  • qandols
    Do you mean that all heroes that do aoe damage will work? Thanks for your reply!
  • qandols
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Possibly a dumb question, but I thought AoE stood for Attack on Everyone?
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I have been using Chulk/ Quake/ IM40. It's been pretty easy. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've always heard it as "Area of Effect". As it applies to other games, a shooter for example, you'd be talking about something like a grenade versus a bullet. The damage from one covers a wider area than the other.

It also doesn't have to be an attack. Some games use magic that heals all players within a certain area. AoE would apply to this as well.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017

It goes back to D&D-type games. There are spells that have an Effect (usually damage, although they can be beneficial like heals) that affect all characters in a given Area (typically within a specific radius of a chosen target location). 

eg. "see that spot in the middle of that group of orcs over there? Fireball everything within 20 feet of it. " 

In MPQ, there's no physical area to target, but if you imagine your opponents standing more or less in a group, it still makes sense.  

(Seb. PBAE, anyone?) 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    If you don't have anyone with a strong AoE that can last through the other rounds, you can just sit back for a few rounds building up AP, and wait for him to have enough invisibility tiles to pop out, then hit him with multiple attacks.  It has been working well for me.  I've been using HB/Chulk/Patch with good results.