Level question

cgrubb80
cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
A few weeks ago the developers changed the the event characters as an experiment.  Are the levels back to normal?  Thanks.

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Not really because this is a Boss event. Next event, yes it will be back to normal.
  • cgrubb80
    I sure hope they go back.  I am almost to level 51, which means I can go into 8s.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    The scl scaling events were test events. Nothing final yet, though a lot of us are waiting for it to be implemented ASAP so we can reduce playtime by half or more for PVE.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    Wait, so Deadpool vs MPQ SCL 8 won't be up to 400 and SCL won't be up to 250 (or whatever), it'll be back to just your personal scaling?

would love to do SCL for extra HP and CP but I can't handle the huge SCL 8 scaling.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, Deadpool pve is going to be normal scaling. They'll likely announce here if/when they switch to SCL-based scaling permanently. I can't wait, it's so much faster. 
  • cgrubb80
    I do not understand.  When the changed happen I could not finish all the levels as they got way too hard.  How is that Better?  I was getting at least one 4* each event.  I had to drop down to level 6 after the change.  How is this better?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's better for people with better rosters, and it hopefully sets the stage for a reworking of the rewards for the various SCLs so the range actually suits everyone, instead of everyone with a 3* or better roster in SCL7-8.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    cgrubb80 said:
    I do not understand.  When the changed happen I could not finish all the levels as they got way too hard.  How is that Better?  I was getting at least one 4* each event.  I had to drop down to level 6 after the change.  How is this better?
    It is better in the sense that it solves the "oh no, I just rostered a 5* character" problem for beginner players, and removed most of the downsides of unevenly levelling your roster for everyone else.

It sucks that the tests cut people off from rewards they were previously able to earn though, I agree.  Hopefully they will either adjust the enemy levels for each clearance level or adjust the rewards before making the change permanent.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    cgrubb80 said:
    Short answer is you're a "tweener." That, by itself, isn't necessarily bad; I'm one, also. SCL8 under the tests, with a max scaling of 400, is probably outside my ability to stretch, so I dropped down to SCL7. That meant faster clears! Dropping down to 6 probably sped your clears, also.

Functionally, we've both been punching above our weight in that the SHIELD ranks were given access to a tier that our rosters aren't necessarily ready for. That hasn't mattered as much up to now because (I'm presuming) we've both been largely progression players, so being smaller fish in a big pond hasn't been a big deal.

But if (when) they flip that switch, I'm going to have to drop down, because I haven't leveled my 5*, and it seems like with the level cap, SCL8 will be meant for people with leveled 5* characters.

My guess is that you don't have many, if any, 4* champions, and that SCL7 will be intended for people who have a bench of 4* champions. SCL6 will be meant for people in the 4* transition, SCL5 will be meant for those with 3* champions, SCL4 will be meant for those in the 3* transition, SCL3 will be meant for those whose roster is principally 2* champions with some 3* on the bench, SCL2 will be for players in the 2* game who haven't really taken their first steps into 3* land yet, and SCL1 will be for new players.

I mean, I'm spitballing all of that, but I'm just basing it on the fact that some of us are "tweeners" at one level or another, and the sort of rewards currently being offered.

The final iteration may look different from the tests, though, so take heart. You may find that when all is said and done, you're still in SCL7.