Help with spidey event!

Options
Brown88
Brown88 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
Im having trouble with Dr. OK and Venom in Boss event.  I'm running GSBW, IM40, and SWitch. I have 6 4tars. Hulkbuster,  Iceman,  KingPin,  XDeadpool,  LadyThor,  RedHulk

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Instead of im40 i used coulson. He speeds up switch cd tile which helps with widow purple which helps her green.

For doc ock, use gsbw purple and green to get rid of his tentacle tiles and/or his cd tile with one shot and he is as good as downed
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even her Red will do to get rid of the reactor, if you can get all that Red AP. You can destroy the reactor directly that way without having to mess around with the tentacles. Also, you can keep Doc Ock stunned after his reactor has been destroyed.

Both GSBW and Switch (and Ice-Man) have AOEs that can hit Venom even when he's invisible. You could also try to get your alliance to send you Anti-Gravity device team ups to keep Venom visible for longer; he doesn't do much else when those CD tiles are around.
  • Brown88
    Options
    Thanks.  I was just told that Gwenpool sploits get rid of countdown tile! Instant kill!
  • champg0951
    champg0951 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    what is that code?
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    what is that code?
    It might be 349. Not sure.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    FokaiHI said:
    what is that code?
    It might be 349. Not sure.
    No, that's the random tiles code. You need to take out the column or row where the countdown is. I go for the column because of the marginally higher chance of cascades.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've managed to handle Venom and Doc Oct with Blade 4 and GSBW, but Sandman is causing my team too much damage. The only boosted 4* I have is Cloak&Dagger, but they're not fully covered and aren't doing much damage. Agent Venom and Bl4de are my only 4* champions. I have most 3* though. Who should I use for this boss fight? Thanks in advance!
  • champg0951
    Options

Try IM40. When Sandman throws out those yellows it might benefit him. Use his power against him

• SpringSoldier
    Options
    I'm afraid he'll match away the recharge tiles very quickly though, especially through his cascades. Did you use him?
  • champg0951
    Options
    No, been using C4clops, C&D, C4rol or C&D, Coulson, C4rol
  • SpringSoldier
    Options
    I might try the second team, but I don't have enough ISO, especially since I might have to champion Carol. I'll try to do with them under-leveled.
  • Brown88
    Options
    Search gwenpool sploits chart in Google.  Reddit gives you the best chart!
  • Brown88
    Options
    Now that the round have gotten tough.  I use Hulkbuster,  Grey Suit,  and S Witch

• Brown88
    Options
    I forgot to mention with Gwenpool, you have to choose what rows and columns. It's a bit of work keep having to pause the game. 

But for 9ap it's worth it with S witch to feed her. And HulkBuster pack a punch. 
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
       If you are where I am, in 3* star land, if you have IM40, Patch, and Rocket and Groot all champed they actually are a pretty good team up for this event.  Patch and Rocket and Groot pretty much auto heal themselves and if you can time it so IM40 is away, just after a recharge, Patch can do almost 10,000 damage to any of the bosses (except for Sandman).  R&G can also help in taking off the tentacles off of Doc Oc or at least shake up the board to make it to get the matches easier.  His green will also take away a lot of web or countdown tiles on Venom as well.  With Sandman, try taking away as many yellow as you can from him; sometimes I can get 2 or even 3 recharges all at once which makes it easier for at least some to take.  Sandman also can do R&G a huge favor if he's low on health too, lol.

Edit:  Also another tip for Doc Oc.  If you can get either a 4 color match either horizontal or vertical that intercepts his main countdown timer, the one that finally illuminates when you get all of his tentacles off, that will illuminate it immediately and all of his tentacles will fall off.  Making it a much easier round!
  • SpringSoldier
    Options
    jtsings said:
       If you are where I am, in 3* star land, if you have IM40, Patch, and Rocket and Groot all champed they actually are a pretty good team up for this event.  Patch and Rocket and Groot pretty much auto heal themselves and if you can time it so IM40 is away, just after a recharge, Patch can do almost 10,000 damage to any of the bosses (except for Sandman).  R&G can also help in taking off the tentacles off of Doc Oc or at least shake up the board to make it to get the matches easier.  His green will also take away a lot of web or countdown tiles on Venom as well.  With Sandman, try taking away as many yellow as you can from him; sometimes I can get 2 or even 3 recharges all at once which makes it easier for at least some to take.  Sandman also can do R&G a huge favor if he's low on health too, lol.

Edit:  Also another tip for Doc Oc.  If you can get either a 4 color match either horizontal or vertical that intercepts his main countdown timer, the one that finally illuminates when you get all of his tentacles off, that will illuminate it immediately and all of his tentacles will fall off.  Making it a much easier round!
    Black Widow 3* is can take out Doc Ock by herself with her green tile coloring.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Chulk destroys them easily. 
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been running chulk/thoress/IM40 without many problems. If Sandman is not first, then you can just collect the 6 yellow and win (chulk green, thoress blue then red a couple of times, changing the order if Doc Ock is involved). 

If Sandman is first or if it takes awhile to get the yellow, then it's fine since everybody is boosted. For Sandman, I've been saving 12 yellow expecting him to match 2-3 (or more) countdowns, but getting to 12 yellow with sandman is pretty simple. But, since they're all boosted (and my IM40 is level 258 before boosting), that's OK. I may reach a point where health packs become a problem, but that hasn't happened yet.

As others have stated, other teams work, but this works for me.