Please hold your employees accountable

Options
Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66080/redirect-link-boss-rush-2-is-broken-thread#latest

That thread was posted before the Spider Man event started. Well before it started. When your customers immediately expect something to go wrong on release, instead of right, it is past time to evaluate your employees.

MPQ is simply one of your products, but the apparent (speculation on my part) lack of testing, and it continuing to be an issue, leads to the assumption that the MPQ division has a lack of accountability.

I am not saying this as a fact, simply what it appears to be. What I do believe as fact, is that this directly affects your entire brand. I know if I see the names Demiurge or D3GO associated with another product I will just pass on it.

I really love the "idea" of this game: Marvel + match 3 + super powers. The execution, as it appears to me, has simply gotten worse the larger the game grows. This is an issue because you have associated yourself with a giant brand in Marvel. This game, in theory, has nearly unlimited potential to grow just from a character and story perspective.

Please take time to fix the flaws in your company that directly affect the game so that may continue to grow. I think financially, you would like that, and from a players perspective, we would like that also.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm not some huge defender of Demiurge, but you're exaggerating here a bit... a lot. You want people to get fired because someone thinks there might be an error. We all make mistakes, we're only human- as long as we fix them and apologize for them, it's all good. We don't need heads to roll. And the event seems to be just fine so far.
  • SpringSoldier
    Options
    I take it back- the event is not fine. I just hope that it's not some low-level programmer who takes the blame for this.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought the even was fine (in my opinion, you may have had a different experience), but the way they handled the Heroes for Hire store was disgusting and displayed ineptitude on every level.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not some huge defender of Demiurge, but you're exaggerating here a bit... a lot. You want people to get fired because someone thinks there might be an error. We all make mistakes, we're only human- as long as we fix them and apologize for them, it's all good. We don't need heads to roll. And the event seems to be just fine so far.
    You're absolutely right that we all make mistakes. I don't know about where you work but where I work you only get so many chances. I'm sure there are plenty of very important jobs that are a "one and done" policy. That being said,  I am not asking for anyone to specifically be fired. I am asking that the people in charge look at their employees, determine who lets every release come out breaking things, and start what is typically called an "action plan". Without going into too much detail, there are steps to the action plan, and the first is coaching the employee on how to do the job better. As long as the employee shows progress they finish off their probationary period and everything goes back to normal. If they don't then the plan escalates in steps, and if it escalates a few steps, leads to termination. Typically, the only people that ever get fired either: Can't do the job or don't care to do it. In either instance, termination is an acceptable outcome. 

I thought the even was fine (in my opinion, you may have had a different experience), but the way they handled the Heroes for Hire store was disgusting and displayed ineptitude on every level.
    The event did turn out fine. But your point about HfH is also part of the reason for the initial post. There are just too many mistakes every release. There needs to be accountability and a higher quality standard put in place.
  • SpringSoldier
    Options
    I thought the event was fine too, but then I realized others have started earlier than me. I simply couldn't join any sooner than yesterday evening. My alliance commander was pushing everyone to sign up, but I didn't even know what he was talking about. Also server issues and frequent crashes. As a pet peeve, but not a real complaint though, is that most characters boosted for this event are 5* or vaulted 4*, which I don't have (at a decent level, at least).

@Beer40

From my experience, these issues aren't with one or few employees, but with how a company is managed. The decision to change the HFH store was definitely taken by the higher-ups and based strictly on finance. Also, the collaboration with Marvel might be making things more difficult for the programmers, not easier, since Marvel is known for imposing lots of rules and guidelines (It's why Josh Wheldon left the franchise).

This doesn't mean that they're entitled to making endless mistakes without fixing them, just that they should get some credit when they do fix their mistakes and show concern for the fans.