1-Day Amazon Appstore Exclusive - 50% Off VIP (7/5/17)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Update 7/5/17 6:00PM : I just received word that this same promotion is going to be available again on Friday, July 7 for one more day only on the Amazon Appstore.

Hi Everyone - 

I just wanted to give a quick heads up that Marvel Puzzle Quest has an exclusive 1-day promotion for 50% off VIP memberships for today only (July 5).  To participate, you will need to log into an Amazon enabled device to purchase the VIP via the Amazon Appstore storefront.  This promotion is for Amazon Appstore users only but players can expect other storefront specific promotions from time to time with the various storefronts in the future.

For those that have previously played Marvel Puzzle Quest on an Amazon enabled device and currently have VIP in Marvel Puzzle Quest, we will be sending an in-game gift to you as you will be unable to participate in this promotion today.

Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    This promotion is for Amazon Appstore users only but players can expect other storefront specific promotions from time to time with the various storefronts in the future.

I laughed out loud. Nice way to address the complaints about the hidden bonuses for certain players.

Pretty cool this promotion comes for the already cheapest store by far, but expecting it to be an Amazon offer, not an MPQ offer. 
  • ProtoformX
    ProtoformX Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    This is the price it should have been since the beginning.  What you get isn't worth $10 despite what D3 thinks the ridiculous value of their digital goods are.  For $5, you get a small boost in iso/HP, some low tier tokens, and a Legendary token that has the chance for only the latest 12 NON-VAULTED 4*s and 3 of the NON-VAULTED 5*s.  I am not counting the increased heal rate since it's still so slow to not matter to the majority of players.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I shall look forward to the offer aimed at people who already are VIP. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    This promotion is for Amazon Appstore users only but players can expect other storefront specific promotions from time to time with the various storefronts in the future.

I laughed out loud. Nice way to address the complaints about the hidden bonuses for certain players.

Pretty cool this promotion comes for the already cheapest store by far, but expecting it to be an Amazon offer, not an MPQ offer. 
    It IS an amazon offer.  You think demi is paying for this?  Nah, amazon is paying a premium per capita just to get players into their storefront. . .
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Do you know if this applies to all countries, or if it's just a US promotion? I'll check my Fire tablet on the 7th (I'm in the UK), just wondered if anyone outside the US has tried.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker

I'm still waiting to receive a promotion of hats in Steam XD
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    CNash said:
    Do you know if this applies to all countries, or if it's just a US promotion? I'll check my Fire tablet on the 7th (I'm in the UK), just wondered if anyone outside the US has tried.
    This is a worldwide promotion and will run again tomorrow if you haven't participated yet.  If you come across any issues, please message our support team and PM me your ticket number and player name.  Thanks.
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for leaving PC users out again.  You do remember that we exist, right?  Because between the bugs, your customer support email system only sending instructions on how to troubleshoot for mobile, and constantly being left out on promotions, it sure doesn't feel that way.   
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    LakeStone said:
    CNash said:
    This is a worldwide promotion and will run again tomorrow if you haven't participated yet.  If you come across any issues, please message our support team and PM me your ticket number and player name.  Thanks.
    Funny how customers who have issues with making purchases can get such great personalized service and support, yet those of us who have had legitimate bugs for over a year now go ignored.  Even though we have spent a small fortune on the game already.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    sinburn said:
    LakeStone said:
    CNash said:
    Funny how customers who have issues with making purchases can get such great personalized service and support, yet those of us who have had legitimate bugs for over a year now go ignored.  Even though we have spent a small fortune on the game already.
    Hi @sinburn. I'm sorry to hear that you feel like you've been ignored. That's certainly not our intention.

If you have specific instances you'd like to reference, please feel free to start a thread in the Bugs & Technical Issues section, so Tombstone can assist you. Alternatively, if you feel you are experiencing a critical issue, you can also private message me for assistance. 

• _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Android here. Uninstalled the app, reinstalled via Amazon App Store, no sign of the offer. Any tips?

Edit: opened the app after a while and showed me the discount on VIP. Works like a charm.
  • Panza87
    Panza87 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I also cant find the offer? Missing something?
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Is this just for Android users?
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    LakeStone said:

Thanks LakeStone. I signed in with my Fire tablet and was able to get the offer. FYI, the price point in the UK is £3.99 - not bad at all, and considering that I was going to treat myself to VIP this month anyway, this offer couldn't have come at a better time!
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Just got 600 Hero points for already being an Amazon VIP player
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    LakeStone said:
    Update 7/5/17 6:00PM : I just received word that this same promotion is going to be available again on Friday, July 7 for one more day only on the Amazon Appstore.

Hi Everyone - 

I just wanted to give a quick heads up that Marvel Puzzle Quest has an exclusive 1-day promotion for 50% off VIP memberships for today only (July 5).  To participate, you will need to log into an Amazon enabled device to purchase the VIP via the Amazon Appstore storefront.  This promotion is for Amazon Appstore users only but players can expect other storefront specific promotions from time to time with the various storefronts in the future.

For those that have previously played Marvel Puzzle Quest on an Amazon enabled device and currently have VIP in Marvel Puzzle Quest, we will be sending an in-game gift to you as you will be unable to participate in this promotion today.

Thank you!
    Can anyone confirm they received this gift? I have played sparingly on my Kindle Fire but I don't believe I received anything.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I got 600 hp earlier, but I don't play through the Amazon Appstore currently.  I have in the past, though, and definitely bought VIP at least once through Amazon.
  • Loki9876
    Loki9876 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Meanwhile; in Australia we are paying over 30% more after applying the conversion rate. 

Wrote CS will a reply saying they would bump it up to management, but that was more than a week ago. Maybe @Brigby you can remind them, not to forget that the diffenerent costs and 'deals' across platforms and regions are not going down so well.

• spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Just wait until the apply gst on it too Loki....
  • Loki9876
    Loki9876 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    @spectator oh I know, makes me second guess spending on the game when things become that stilted