C4rol Energy Manipulation

guzktgui
guzktgui Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
Already updated to R130 on iOS

SHIELD simulator, I'm facing lvl 272 Thing (red 85), lvl 270 Jean Grey (purple 85), lvl 207 IM 40 (red83)

And C4rol chose purple as the enemy strongest color

Can somebody explain why?

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's not a bug. You listed Thing and Jean as same match stregth. The bug would be if Energy Manipulation didn't activate when AI matched purple. Yeah, it would be logical for the higher level enemy to be noted as strongest, but AI has had problems determining that since the dawn of time. Plus, it may just recognize that Jean is stronger than Thing, despite the level difference.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a post somewhere (I think in Tips & Guides) about how it breaks ties for strongest colour, but I don't have time to dig for it right now.

As I understand it, there are two main factors. One is that damage values for characters are sometimes not actually integers, and what we see is rounded, so it may be that Thing's red is 85.2 and Jean's purple is 85.4, or something like that. The other one is the order of the characters. If they're completely tied, the one in the center of the lineup will be considered stronger than the other two, and the one on the left will be considered stronger than the one on the right.

This is from memory, stuff I read a while back, and I've already started "celebrating" the 4th, so don't take it as gospel.
  • guzktgui
    guzktgui Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Thing is level 272, JG 270, that used to define who is stronger. They supposedly fixed the bug when c4rol couldn't differentiate exactly that, two characters with colors with same values. TPF Alexis says that damage are integers, then it doesn't make sense to show "incorrect" values.

If this is the case then for me c4rol green is useless if we still have to guess what she is going to do
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    guzktgui said:
    TPF Alexis says that damage are integers, then it doesn't make sense to show "incorrect" values.
    Um, no. I said they are NOT integers. Not 100% sure on that, but still, that's what I actually said. I haven't been playing that long, but I haven't ever seen anyone talk about Level as the tiebreaker for strongest colour.

Also, most of the time, I don't have any idea what her green is going to do, since I don't go through and work out the strongest colour on the opposing team before I start. I still use her all the time, because regardless, it's going to be giving me free AP, and her black and yellow are awesome anyhow.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    The info about the damage having hidden decimal values is so old that I wouldn't take it as gospel anymore.  They might have simplified that away.

With the latest bugfix for strongest color selection, I'm just hoping that the text description (including strongest enemy color) in the match will consistently match the behavior.  Like TPF Alexis, I don't base my decision of whether or not to bring 4* CM on what color the enemy may have as strongest.  If a matchup gives me AoE damage on her passive, I just take that as a great bonus.