Resetting type Countdown tiles have inaccurate descriptions

turul
turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
Most of these powers descriptions say they have effect once every turn.

This is inaccurate, since:
- if tile is hasted it activates (hood black)
- if tile is slowed it only activates few turns after (obw blue)
- it does not activate every x turn, only every x PLAYER turn.

Power's having bad descriptions:
Human Torch green, Blade3* black, Ghost rider red, Punisher3*

Power's where description fits power:
Medusa red, Ant-man blue(but actually only every PLAYER turn, not every turn)

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well that's just nitpicking. All other things being equal, that's what the powers do. Those other powers are the exceptions that change the behavior of Countdown tiles to something that might not happen to match their tooltip.

I'm also not sure it's helpful to distinguish between a player turn and a game turn. Is there anything that happens at the start of everyone's turn?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well that's just nitpicking. All other things being equal, that's what the powers do. Those other powers are the exceptions that change the behavior of Countdown tiles to something that might not happen to match their tooltip.

I'm also not sure it's helpful to distinguish between a player turn and a game turn. Is there anything that happens at the start of everyone's turn?
    They do explicitly say "your turn" on Medusas red power.

Since there are CD powers that actually do stuff every turn (medusa red, antman blue, (by passive antman yellow, squirrel girl green)),

...and there are powers that only emulate every turn by resetting, having false tile descriptions when altered,

.. these two type of mechanics should be distinguished or fixed to work every turn (every player turn ;) ).
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for bringing this up @turul I'll definitely talk to the team about this. If I can manage to procure additional information on this topic, I'll be sure to post an another reply. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul said:

They do explicitly say "your turn" on Medusas red power.

Since there are CD powers that actually do stuff every turn (medusa red, antman blue, (by passive antman yellow, squirrel girl green)),

...and there are powers that only emulate every turn by resetting, having false tile descriptions when altered,

.. these two type of mechanics should be distinguished or fixed to work every turn (every player turn ;) ).
    Yes, I suppose I can see the possibility of distinguishing between countdowns that:

1) Do something at the start of each (owner) turn, like Photonic Barrage or Small-Time Crooks
    2) Do something when they expire, at which point they reset (Flame Jet, Hellfire, etc...) (which is usually, but not always, at the start of their owner's turn)
    3) Do something at the end of each turn, like an Attack tile (I think Entanglement is the only example of this)

Technically the per-turn Furry Friends and Ants! Ants! Ants! passive effects aren't functionality of the countdowns themselves, its just something that Squirrel Girl or Ant Man do when there are CD tiles out. So I wouldn't expect those effects to be described in the tile tool tip at all; they're already spelled out in the power description.