4* DDQ: Medusa`s turn

2»

Comments

• Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    My level 281 had no problem.may have been a different story against a level 270 torch.not going to complain about him only being level 222.i'll take the easy win.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    No real history between these two right?
    Weren't Medusa and Johnny lovers for a while?

Anyway level 275 3/5/5 took him down in no time.

LT gave me a purple Coulson cover. He's already 4/5/3. Hoping to get another cover so I can champ him before he leaves tokens.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Took me 3 goes, collect purple and let HT collect black. LT was yet another dang blue Coulson for my 1/1/5 (actually 1/1/7 now)

For clarity, my Medusa is 1/2/4, level 152
  • legeng
    legeng Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    This was too easy for my 3/5/5 249 level medusa. He never used red or black so my medusa barely lost any health.

Got a purple 5* Starlord bleh.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Strange opponent for Medusa right? No active power color conflict. No real history between these two right? 

Medusa actually first appeared as an enemy for the Fantastic Four, and was even part of a team, the Frightful Four, dedicated to destroying them for a while.

5/3/5, Lvl198, two tries. The first time, Torch lucked into some ridiculous cascade that gave him like 15 green, and the Flame Jet countdown went in the corner. Second time was more reasonable, and I ground him down without taking more than match damage and a few hits from Inferno.

Got a Mordo cover from the LT. As with the last time, not wasted, but not immediately useful, either, since I only have a couple of covers on him.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Strange opponent for Medusa right? No active power color conflict. No real history between these two right? 

Medusa actually first appeared as an enemy for the Fantastic Four, and was even part of a team, the Frightful Four, dedicated to destroying them for a while.

Can you imagine medusa vs mr f??? What a drag!!

Champed medusa, at half life because I forgot to heal her. Convenient cd tile placement for me to match away. Collected purple, let him have black. He cast black, I cast purple, match over
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    sh81 said:
    DFiPL said:
    Ooh. Human Torch sounds doable. My Medusa is chanpioned. Will report back, but I'd guess the strategy will be to collect purple and deny red/green. 
    Let him fire his black and have purple ready to go yourself, game over

Yeah, nah, my 16 swaps managed to miss every single one of his tiles.  Wolveroach won 5th time luck with his level 200 4/4/2.

Moon Roach did it first time, but she's his highest level 4* at 318.

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Third try with my 209 4/3/3 Medusa. The first round I got slaughtered - After chomping on two fireballs by turn six I knew this battle wouldn't end well. The second try I managed to get him down to 865 health before his inferno tiles took me out. I forgot that Medusa only steals Attack tiles at 4 covers or more, so my smug grin changed into a shocked O of surprise when I used her purple power and it did diddly squat. It was actually a fun battle (even though I lost), because I had to keep matching my own attack tiles to try and stay alive for another turn. 

Third try was the charm - I went in with +60% damage boost, and managed to get out six attack tiles. He didn't get to cast Inferno until he was nearly a cooked goose, so I took home the prize. 

I received a blue Stinkfist for my efforts, bringing him up to 2/0/4. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not having much luck with my 5/1/2 Medusa.  With only a single red cover, the count down doesn't do much damage and expires too quickly to match most of the time.  I'd also need some more purple covers to be able to steal Torch's attack tiles.
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Is it worth putting ISO into my 2/1/4 lvl 115 Medusa (can get her to 152 or anywhere in between)? I've never won a Crash (honestly haven't attempted many), this is looking like my first legitimate shot.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    jamesh said:
    Not having much luck with my 5/1/2 Medusa.  With only a single red cover, the count down doesn't do much damage and expires too quickly to match most of the time.  I'd also need some more purple covers to be able to steal Torch's attack tiles.
    Same coverage and i did it first try,

wait for a board with no reds, let him have green match red and match your countdown when you can.

The attack tiles it creates can become emergency healing. 

Stack on some boosts and wait for a board where he doesn't dominate in red immediately.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/4 lvl 131 Medusa, cleaned up in one try, no boosts. Nearly died after a Fireball, but still pulled it out of the bag.

Got another 5* Hawkeye Blue for my trouble.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE said:
    jamesh said:
    Same coverage and i did it first try,

wait for a board with no reds, let him have green match red and match your countdown when you can.

The attack tiles it creates can become emergency healing. 

Stack on some boosts and wait for a board where he doesn't dominate in red immediately.
    I lucked into another red cover from a heroic token bringing her to 5/2/2, so leveled her up to 188 and gave it another shot.  I managed on the first try without any boosts.

I was a lot luckier with the count downs this time, and so had enough out to heal from his attacks.

Got a yellow 5* Star Lord cover from the LT.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    alright well I finally decided to do the Crash today because otherwise my DDQ rewards for the day would have been somewhat paltry.

So i bought another purple cover for my Medusa with the CP I got from the Enemy of State event because it seemed like a fine investment, putting her at 4/2/4 and level 209. The crash wasn't too bad but I did die twice before beating it due to an unfriendly board.

LT was a green Rocket and Groot cover putting them at 0/1/3 lvl 111 for me. it's fine. it's not the best but it's a fine draw. at least it's not Mordo again
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beat it first try with L276 Medusa.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took me two tries, with my fresh new 3/3/5 thanks to a lucky token and the two EOTS progression covers, leveled to 196. Bad cascade did me in the first time.

Carol black with the token, sorely needed! Now she's 4/4/2.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    My level 200 Medusa destroyed Torch quite easily, I'm a bit surprised of it. Just kept matching Medusas entanglement tiles. Once I got hit by flames and Torch changed central tiles to his strikes, which Medusa chnged back to hers. Interesting fight, but won again with first attempt, that like, what, 4th victory in a row now? Nice streak :)