Black Duke
Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor

Heavy Metal

This Event: 
Iron Man (Model 40) 

New Character:
Sandman (Flint Marko)

This Week:
4-Star: Venom (Agent Venom), Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force), Ghost Rider, Iron Fist (Danny Rand), Nick Fury
3-Star: Beast, Black Panther (T’Challa), Bullseye (Classic), Sam Wilson (Falcon), Mystique
2-Star: Ares, Steve Rogers (Captain America)
1-Star: Juggernaut, Spider-Man (Original)

Rewards:
Progression Rewards:
4-Star: Spider-Woman - Black
3-Star: Iron Man (Model 40) - Blue, Red
2-Star: Daken (Dark Avengers) - Black
1-Star: Juggernaut - Red

Placement Rewards:
4-Star: Peggy Carter - Yellow, Red
3-Star: Bullseye (Classic) - Black, Green, Purple
2-Star: Ares - Red, Yellow, Green

Alliance Placement Rewards:
3-Star: Bullseye (Classic) - Green
2-Star: Ares - Yellow, Red

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I've been using Agent Venom and Hobo Fist (re-specced to 5/5/3), and it's been great. If you can get Recharge off, then the match is basically won. I've had a decent number of defensive wins too, which isn't something I look for, but is a nice bonus.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks @Black Duke for bringing back the PVP threads.  I'll volunteer @Moon Roach to share any of his old spreadsheets / tools / compendiums.  I'm always happy and willing to volunteer other people.  
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm sorry, but my privacy policy precludes me from sharing any information on that subject, or even acknowledging any posts on that subject.  Oh wait, we're talking about events?  In that case, you can have anything you want.

The only thing really that I'd add is links to threads for the previous runs, where they exist.

<pssst>It's Soul Gem Cycle II, aka Season 42</pssst>

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Moving on to the event itself, I've been having fun with 4* Deadpool and Green Goblin.  Get enough purple for Countdown for What, usually on red, let GG fortify them, let the enemy match them, over and over again.

Or 4* Iron Fist and Cloak & Dagger; Like Unto Iron is remarkable when boosted.

What IM40 does is a bonus.

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for our feedback! Seems like I wasn´t the only one who has missed these threads. ;)
    granne said:
    I've been using Agent Venom and Hobo Fist (re-specced to 5/5/3), and it's been great. If you can get Recharge off, then the match is basically won. I've had a decent number of defensive wins too, which isn't something I look for, but is a nice bonus.
    That´s exactly my team for this event. They´ve an incredible synergy with each other which has made me able to climb from 0 to 975 points within an hour!
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, they just earned me my first ever 900 in PvP. So much fun. I was tempted to push higher, but thought that wasn't likely to end well, so I shielded out.