Sinister Six: MPQ Sneaky....

Jellybat
Jellybat Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
Anyone else notice how Goblin, Venom, & Carnage all are now part of Sinister Six in their bio page in game?  Clever way for Demiurge/D3 to avoid giving us Kraven, Mysterio, & Electro to round out classic team.  We will get Vulture & likely the MCU/Keaton version.  With Sandman & 5* Doc Ock, to go with the sneaky retreads above, it seems we will get no others.  Was really hoping for some good new villains.

Comments

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    We're not getting any other s6 members before the event, at least.

Honestly, I'm pretty happy that they're using what they already have in the game.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    People have been saying this since there were first hints of a Sinister Six (the Doc Ock release article that talked about a summer of Spidey). People have been saying this A LOT since the tease of a Sinister Six event (the Marvel article talking about Spidey in all mobile games, not just MPQ).

They could give us those characters in the future, but it just makes more sense to use what they've got to make it happen now, so Sinister Six can run with the movie.
  • Jellybat
    Jellybat Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I'd like to believe that, but they could have had an event & not based it on Sinister Six.  I don't see them giving us another 3 new villains after event has run its course.  Hope I'm wrong, though.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    As much as I want more characters to be released, it just dilutes the draws even more.  They need to figure out the 4 star acquisition rates and vaulting. 
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Jellybat said:
    Anyone else notice how Goblin, Venom, & Carnage all are now part of Sinister Six in their bio page in game?  Clever way for Demiurge/D3 to avoid giving us Kraven, Mysterio, & Electro to round out classic team.  We will get Vulture & likely the MCU/Keaton version.  With Sandman & 5* Doc Ock, to go with the sneaky retreads above, it seems we will get no others.  Was really hoping for some good new villains.

While I would have loved to have seen Mysterio,Electro, and Kraven, I don't see anything remotely "sneaky" in MPQ's Sinister Six - if by sneaky, you mean underhanded or duplicitous. It's not like they were trying to weasel out of giving us the Original Sinister Six, since there was no obligation for them to do so in the first place. After all, it was THEIR decision to associate Vulture, Doc Ock, and Sandman with the Sinister Six. They could have just given us those three villains, not mentioned the Sinister Six at all, and just had a boss event featuring them. Or maybe just one featuring Vulture, since he's the villain in Homecoming. So no need to "avoid" anything through "clever" dodges and misdirection.

MOVIE SPOILER ALERT

I understand that there is a teaser at the end of Homecoming that some see as portending a Sinister Six movie in the near future, but I don't think there is any confirmation that the scene is referring to the Sinister Six or, if it is, who the other members will be (though apparently Venom/Shocker may be one of them). And speaking of Shocker, some have speculated that we will get getting him in MPQ sometime in the next few months. If so, there's another villain for you.
    *Mod Mode: On*: Just putting the movie spoiler in a spoiler invisibility cloak to help protect those wandering eyes that don't want a movie spoiled but can't resist to look. *Mode Mode: Off* (Your friendly neighborhood fight4thedream)
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Just a friendly reminder to please use the spoiler tag function if you are going to talk about potential spoilers for movies, TV shows or comic stories. (Posting MPQ spoilers is still a no-no). If you click on the format button (the button on the left side of the smiley face) you should be able to select spoiler to tag such information. Also prefacing it with a spoiler warning as astrp3 did is always helpful! Thanks!
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I believe I read somewhere that Green Goblin has never been fought in PVE, despite Norman Osborn being the main villain of the game. It will feel good to get some payback for all the Dark Avengers he sends our way! 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Wasn't Green Goblin one of the opponents in Boss Rush? I thought he was.

I'm all for stealth affiliation adding. I periodically check to see if Agent Venom has been added to the Guardians of the Galaxy. #stillwaiting
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    AlluAllu said:
    I believe I read somewhere that Green Goblin has never been fought in PVE, despite Norman Osborn being the main villain of the game. It will feel good to get some payback for all the Dark Avengers he sends our way! 
    He was one of the bosses when Boss Rush was done. Had a minion summoning mechanic. Sometimes it failed to take the minions with him when he dropped. Hopefully that was fixed.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    While I'd prefer the original sinister 6, new content is always appreciated. 

Plus, who's to say the MPQ version of the sinister 6 won't be what the movies use? It's not like they follow cannon with the movies anyway.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    zodiac339 said:
    He was one of the bosses when Boss Rush was done. Had a minion summoning mechanic. Sometimes it failed to take the minions with him when he dropped. Hopefully that was fixed.
    Oh yes, now I remember.