Let us see who flags us!

Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
This is actually a suggestion, and belongs there, but I was hoping to get some support before it goes there to die so I posted it here (sorry!)

Let us see who flags us! I can see who gives me "like" and "insightful". I want to know where those "flags" are coming from!!!

Comments

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    You can see, can't you? I could see who flagged your other post. Unless it blocks it for the "accused."
  • liminal_lad
    OOOOOOOOPS... I'm confusing you with someone else who just got flagged...
  • Beer40
    You can see, can't you? I could see who flagged your other post. Unless it blocks it for the "accused."
    This may be the case. Btw, I am not the one making the spam posts if you have me confused with that person.
  • liminal_lad
    I have it clear now. Apologies!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    What do you mean? You can see it on individual posts, and from your profile it shows your totals, and you can click that total to list every post of that type (so I can click "insightful" to see every post of mine people have called insightful), with the total votes on them (so I can see the likes on my insightful posts as I scroll, as well).

This is on desktop, not on mobile, so that might matter. But I can see this stuff, so I don't know what you're asking for. Unless you want to take it a step further, and get notifications for things? We get notifications for the badges, are you looking for that for each individual post?
  • Beer40
    JHawkInc said:
    What do you mean? You can see it on individual posts, and from your profile it shows your totals, and you can click that total to list every post of that type (so I can click "insightful" to see every post of mine people have called insightful), with the total votes on them (so I can see the likes on my insightful posts as I scroll, as well).

This is on desktop, not on mobile, so that might matter. But I can see this stuff, so I don't know what you're asking for. Unless you want to take it a step further, and get notifications for things? We get notifications for the badges, are you looking for that for each individual post?
    Sorry for the confusion. I want their names!
  • liminal_lad
    1. Go to your post
    2. Click on Flag
    3. Hover over Spam or Abuse (wherever the # is)
    4. You should see the names of the person/people who have reported your post.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can see the names of who gives me an insightful and like. But never on flags. What thread did you get flagged on beer?
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm guessing they don't let you see who flags you so it doesn't lead into more arguments...... Can't really blame them for that. I'd want to send the flagger a PM asking why if I knew who it was..... Or maybe just to berate them......
  • Beer40
    Milk Jugz said:
    I can see the names of who gives me an insightful and like. But never on flags. What thread did you get flagged on beer?
    Oh, it was awhile back, I think. I really don't understand the purpose of them if we can't see who does it. Is it like an instant message directly to the mods or something? "User A has 6 flags, check the thread out"? I'm not sure of their purpose other than to (apparently?) cowardly disagree with someone. I feel like the LOL button had far more value. Or, like you mentioned, I could be like "Why the flag?" to the person and maybe generate more convo.
  • liminal_lad
    edited June 2017
    [user error]
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I was wondering about those flags too....
  • JHawkInc
    Beer40 said:
    JHawkInc said:

Sorry, still confused, because I can see names everywhere. Likes, Insightful, the one time I was actually "Flagged", I can see the names of everyone that has flagged me, and I can see the names of other people's flags on things.

I don't know what exactly you want, because as far as I can tell, you're asking for things I already have, so I don't know where the discrepancy is, you know?
  • Beer40
    JHawkInc said:
    Beer40 said:
    JHawkInc said:

Sorry, still confused, because I can see names everywhere. Likes, Insightful, the one time I was actually "Flagged", I can see the names of everyone that has flagged me, and I can see the names of other people's flags on things.

I don't know what exactly you want, because as far as I can tell, you're asking for things I already have, so I don't know where the discrepancy is, you know?
    No idea. But that is interesting. I can see who gives me likes and insightfuls but not flags. Also, I cannot see who gives other people flags. I just tried hovering over a flagged post and it didn't work.
  • JHawkInc
    Click first. I think you have to click to bring it up, then you can hover over Spam/Abuse to see names (but not Reports, because that sends a report, rather than adding a tally to a score like the other two).
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    ***Abusing the Spam and Abuse flags is against the rules and we take not of when people do it. So don't. Just a friendly reminder.***
  • JHawkInc
    edited June 2017
    Shame they had to take away the off-topic option.

EDIT: Know what? No, I'm not going to hide behind the snark.

This topic is about usability of the forums, and SEEING information, nobody is talking about using the spam and abuse flags, and I find stomping in here to preach at people about following the rules to be both off topic and an abuse of moderator power.

If you have a problem with people breaking the rules, handle it with them in private. Don't come in here using the "Mod Voice" to lay down thinly veiled threats, out in the public forum. It's disgusting.

We don't even have a single spam/abuse flag in here, man.
  • liminal_lad
    Am I missing something? Did someone say they were abusing the flag feature here? I just saw questions about how it works.
  • Beer40
    JHawkInc said:
    Click first. I think you have to click to bring it up, then you can hover over Spam/Abuse to see names (but not Reports, because that sends a report, rather than adding a tally to a score like the other two).
    You're actually correct on this. I had no idea. Also, I think you were right and it does not work on mobile. An insightful to you!
  • Beer40
    Ducky said:
    ***Abusing the Spam and Abuse flags is against the rules and we take not of when people do it. So don't. Just a friendly reminder.***
    You can move this to off topic since JHawkInc showed that this request is already a live feature. Sorry for the unnecessary post!