What happened here?

Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
Ok, I've been hanging out on the forums for a long time now. Its always been a great source of entertainment, information, and good discussion. I don't do Line, Discord, Steam, or anything like that. Just the MPQ forum.

What happened? Specifically, what happened between 4 pm (US central time) Tuesday and 8 am (US central time) Wednesday to the forum?

I am on here enough to see that something happened, but I don't actually know what that something is. My best guess is that a mass exodus of the usual forumites happened in that time frame and no one told me to tag along. 

Wednesday-currently these forums have just been about bone dry for discussion. Enough, in fact, that people are creating completely random stuff just so we have something to talk about. That isn't my intention here. I'm not trying to troll, or be off topic to MPQ, but the forum is part of MPQ and I'm just wondering what's going on and would like to discuss it.

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Daiches said:
    This discussion has been moved to Tips and Suggestions
    Aha! Thank you, sir/madame!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too have found there to be less posts. I think just because there are no new features coming out that we know of, so there's no much to discuss. 
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Yup forum is pretty dead.  Not sure why they are trying to spread it even thinner with all the subforums and thread moving.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Just my 2 cents, but when your trying to talk and you know your not being heard or ignored, do we keep trying? I dont, after awhile i give up and go to something else, all the factors mentioned above have turned the forum into something different. I dont even really check for info anymore honestly, its kinda always been a place to see whats up with alot of people or happenings (before they get banned,topics moved or closed, etc...), i preferred the old forum better honestly, it seems like this is trying to be too squeeky clean for some reason, i dunno...
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Straycat said:
    Some of the old resources, still pinned to the top of the character discussion page, are not updated or don't work. That character compendium links are working, but its missing lots of the latest characters. The updated forum is not great, and the search function is terrible. The character pages are not updating with the rebalances, and the polls for best build seem to have been ditched.

I dunno, those are my complaints, nothing really recent that would cause a change, but definitely a downward trend in the forum

I've been unimpressed with the one wiki I see out there too...  too bad we don't have a definitive reference source.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's what happens when you try to moderate what doesn't need to be moderated.

Enjoy your "10000 users".
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    I'm here, but I mostly just read updates made to the game and haven't posted in forever. 

I stopped posting since everything I said kinda sounded like the same ol' complaining that has already been said before.

I used to read so many good ideas and suggestions made by people on this forum, but they all went ignored. It's not very fun to post here when players' feedback seems like it's not important.