Classic Heroic tokens

Pessi
Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
I'm a prolific daily offer user, so when it's the off season I normally buy the Classic Heroic tokens once per day. I have always been in the camp that disliked these tokens.

To my surprise this week I've pulled a Captain Marvel who's champion level's landed me a Peggy, and a Quake yellow - the only cover I needed to make her 13. 

As a daily buyer, I'm flooded by 2 stars mostly, the odd three helps and the even fewer 4 star is nice, all of these generally help fuel my daily buying habit. 

So this is a positive post from a previous pessimist. Classic packs won't solve all your vaulted woes, but they might once in a while surprise you.

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Pessi said:
    I'm a prolific daily offer user, so when it's the off season I normally buy the Classic Heroic tokens once per day. I have always been in the camp that disliked these tokens.

To my surprise this week I've pulled a Captain Marvel who's champion level's landed me a Peggy, and a Quake yellow - the only cover I needed to make her 13. 

As a daily buyer, I'm flooded by 2 stars mostly, the odd three helps and the even fewer 4 star is nice, all of these generally help fuel my daily buying habit. 

So this is a positive post from a previous pessimist. Classic packs won't solve all your vaulted woes, but they might once in a while surprise you.
    I used to be a daily buyer. I stopped a couple times when I got low on HP and needed it for roster slots or there was a HfH I wanted. With the new 5 day HfH, I got bored and decided to do a daily buy of Heroic and Vintage Heroic. I also nearly always get 2*. I thought before I clicked the Vintage Heroic, "Maybe I'll actually get a 4* cover I need this time". 

And I kind of did...I got my 14th IW cover. Right now I'm at 11 days to come up with the 225K ISO to champ her and make that cover and HP purchase useful.

I'm still thrilled I actually pulled a 4*. I couldn't help but laugh at the one I pulled out of all the available ones though  :D

Edit: The following day I pulled a 2* again, of course  :)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only buy daily deals from vaults and then typically only when there's something I really want/need.

Example in Hearts of Darkness there was a blue Teen Jean which would get her to 13.  I had 10-20 somewhere saved up from previous events, didn't get her.  Bought a 10 pack deal since I had the HP plus the 1 deal, didn't get her.  Bought the 1 deal everyday plus my rewards, didn't get her.  On the last day I opted to spend $20 and get a second 10 pack at deal price.  Got her (also got every 4* in that vault but not the LT,not bad for 39/80).  I don't regret the purchase, probably best $20 I've spent on this game.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Bought the daily deal today and got a champ level for Wasp with a bonus Teen Jean blue. I had a blue Kate Bishop earlier in the week, but I think all the others were 2*s.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    This vintage season i got 2 X23s 1 x force wolverine 1 thoress (1000 iso)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Up until this season, I had only pulled one 3*, Hulk. I had only pulled the tokens I earned from events, none of the daily deals. 

This season with one of my earned tokens, I pulled Loki. I had been saving up HP to buy Spider-Gwen's red cover from Heroes for Hire, but after that whole debacle, I was sitting on enough HP for the 10 pack. 

I figured it would probably be nothing but 2*s, but decided to take the plunge. Pulled another Loki, but also a Hulkbuster black and X-23 purple. No bonus heroes at either tier. 

Not sure if I'll do this every season yet, but was pleasantly surprised with the results. Still, wish they hadn't so heavily diluted this token with the 2*s.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll usually buy the 100 hp dailies if I'm at least 2k in the black.  It adds a little fuel for the 2* farm and every once in awhile something nicer.  So long as I still make enough to roster new releases and shield appropriately, why not? The spend has more game permanence than a shield and is far cheaper per cover than any other offer in the game.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    If there was a refund of 50HP when you pulled a 2* from one of these tokens, I would buy more often, but I'm generally about 1 every couple of weeks for the heck of it.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

The problem is that I'd have to get lucky enough to get a 4* then get lucky enough for it to be one for it to be one fo the about 25% of possible vintage 4* covers I can pull that wouldn't result in me needing to sell it or getting into a race to champ a character before its useful...

The targeted cover in the HfH store, and that you see in store vaults have huge advantages for someone with 10-20 retired 4*s with less than 13 covers...  I'm better off saving my HP for those, and taking a shot at the store vaults daily deal of 100HP when they have a cover I need...