Double the chance to loot new cards?!

Options
Gideon
Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
How much can we trust D3 that we actually have double the chance to loot these new cards when they can't get a button to work right or even care enough to put  cards in their masterpiece collection packs?

Comments

• Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Gideon said:
    How much can we trust D3 that we actually have double the chance to loot these new cards when they can't get a button to work right?
    I do have to agree here. It's so difficult to challenge possible bugs on "randomness" and "chances" and it's sad when the producers lose their credibility so badly that people actually start wondering if drop rate is either manipulated or only bugged...
    This of course in turn also raises the question whether these "higher chance" packs actually reduce the chance of getting mythics and especially masterpieces? (which although super rare, I have yet to see one in AMK)
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    "double of zero is still zero!" @Dogslaya 2017
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

In my experience, these packs function exactly as advertised.

• Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Retracted.
    Sorry busy eating crow...
  • Springs
    Springs Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    11 super packs.. zero new rares or mythics. Don't believe them. You'll get all the new commons and uncommon, but they lower the drop rate on everything else 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Everyone's experience will be different, but the drop rate seemed 1) the same as usual regarding rarity, but 2) definitely prioritizing the newer cards.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think I'll pass. 
    Drop rates still unconfirmed by D3, therefore I'm wary of most new gimmick promotions.

Perhaps it's time for D3 to stop ignoring this issue. I know they have tried to make progress in listening and trying to give us the features and fixes we ask for, however this issue has been ignored or glossed over for quite some time despite the numerous threads regarding drop rates and their publication.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Springs said:
    11 super packs.. zero new rares or mythics. Don't believe them. You'll get all the new commons and uncommon, but they lower the drop rate on everything else 
    So you got new cards correct? Are they advertising and increased chance for rares and mythics?
  • ShomiTheMonkey
    ShomiTheMonkey Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Optimistically, I opened 10 Packs of the higher rate newly released cards...

The results were mostly different than I expected and I'd like you all to be aware of some alarming drop rates but keep also let us know if these pulls were similar to your pulls. I appreciate your time to help inform the players .

0 Masterpieces ( hurts but mostly expected )

2 old batch Amonkhet Mythics ( 1 was Cascading Cataracts which is alarming dropping at a very high rate from this week's new Elite Pack rotation... be aware if you don't need that Mythic for 400 points )

5 new batch Rares dropped ( 1 was a Great Green mana ramp for 7 mana thankfully but the very useful Manglehorn and the intesting White creature with Exert Lifelink very sadly are elusive, 2 other new Rares fell far too much at 2 copies each, Harsh Mentor ( good card but too common) and 2 copies of the Blue Rare creature that is not a good rare at all, maybe Aven Mindsensor bad ), and the new batch Uncommons and Commons fell BIG TIME and some of them you may want ( the white Blocker with First Strike and Embalm 2 is Very Useful ) . 

I wish you all the best of luck if you do go for this deal and if we all gather our findings here we can inform others, ESPECIALLY about alarmingly high drops of cards like Cascading Cataracts Mythic and the arguably terrible blue Rare creature. I'd conclude though that I am happy with my results but alarmed by the Duplicity of Cascading Cascaracts, the horribly bad blue Rare creature and Harsh Mentor ( Good card but abundant) ).  If you open some of the new new batch Packs, I hope your results positively far exceed mine and I greatly appreciate seeing  your findings here.

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @ShomiTheMonk
    do you talk about ten premium packs or ten packs? Because of it were ten packs, then your drop rates were very lucky! Also, where do you take your numbers about cascading cataracts from..?
  • PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Steeme said:

In my experience, these packs function exactly as advertised.

Not in my experience. Opened my premium pack. Account credited ONLY the new cards (4, 1 dupe). All my dupes were not credited (lots of uncommons and my guaranteed rare) and are missing. So much for having those for booster crafting when it arrives. Never met such a buggy game in my life!
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @Brigby
    Opened premium promotion pack. Obtained 4 "double the chance to pull" uncommons (1 was a dupe). Only those 4 cards were credited to my account. The other 22, including my guaranteed rare (my 3rd Mindcensor) are missing. What's going on?! Is this a known issue? Support ticket time?? Totally frustrated with this game and all the bugs!!!

my missing dupes turn up after I close and
    restart the game. worth a try.

HH
  • deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Two premium packs, here.  Three rares.  One old, one Harvest Season, one Pull from Tomorrow.  The old one was one of the two guaranteed rares.
  • ShomiTheMonkey
    ShomiTheMonkey Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Laeuftbeidir Great to see more responses here ! Sorry I forgot to mention that Very important odds increase chance from the 300 point Packs. My experience is from 10 Amonkhet 300 point Packs. My luck has been quite bad with Packs for a very long time, especially with Masterpieces, so my results may be rare luck with these 10 packs. Everyones results will vary and I wish we you all the very best of luck with all your purchases.

To warn the community about the rampant Duplicity of Cascading Cataracts, especially from the newest Elite Pack rotation pulls seemed crucial to me so please share your findings and it will help us all out. Thank you all.

Shomi
  • PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    hawkyh1 said:
    @Brigby
    Opened premium promotion pack. Obtained 4 "double the chance to pull" uncommons (1 was a dupe). Only those 4 cards were credited to my account. The other 22, including my guaranteed rare (my 3rd Mindcensor) are missing. What's going on?! Is this a known issue? Support ticket time?? Totally frustrated with this game and all the bugs!!!

my missing dupes turn up after I close and
    restart the game. worth a try.

HH
    Took several tries, but yes, they have shown up upon login this morning. Thanks