Best / worst animations

IlDuderino
IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
Sorry if this had been done but what do you think? I really like Agent Venom yellow - really feels he is laying down cover with some big gunz - he could be in any cheesy Michael Bay or Arnie movie! Almost enough to make me spend iso on him :) I also like Spirit of Wakanda for its speed and subtlety. My least favourite is Hawkeye blue - he stands on a box for balance and takes a courtly shot - watch the section in Age of Ultron before he gives Scarlet Witch a pep talk - he rolls around taking shots like a member of the A Team - that's how it should be!

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    My favourite animation is Gamora's Skull Cracker, just for the way she arcs towards the screen.

Least favourite is Beast's Mutagenic Breakthrough. It's static, boring, and takes way too long to disappear.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best animations: anything that takes a fraction of a second.
    worst animations: any board shuffle effect like Loki that takes 15 minutes to resolve.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    mexus said:
    I think Nova has the best animations, they're so smooth and the vivid!
    I also like 4* Punisher's animations.
    I call his green "Punisher Dance Party"
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Still hard to beat 3* cyc full blast even 2+ years later.

And oml black it's sime of the best animation story telling in mpq.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

I like Gwenpool's madcap motorbike drive-by shooting.

Worst/laziest is Thor's Call the Storm.  One of the best early powers and the animation was phoned in.

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Worst is hobofist, mainly because his character art is the worst. Not a big fan of 4* Cage either since it doesn't look like he is attacking ever, but its not bad otherwise. Blade's random tool layout with teeth sometimes is not great.

I like all of Wasps animations. And it depends on your feelings of baby groot, but I think theirs are pretty great. i kinda like Medusa's crazy jump scare too.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Said this before, but X23 laying down her trap tile. Damn... that's sexy.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Somebody already mentioned Loki's Illusions. I'll second that, especially coming off of The Rider Awakens, where he fired it Every. Single. Turn. I feel like Moonstone's Gravity Warp is also similarly long, when you take into account the animation and the time it actually takes to implement the effect. No complaints over Control Shift though for (ahem) ... reasons. 

Ghost Rider's Penance Stare is pretty cool. And I dig Rocket and Baby Groot setting up the bomb. I feel like I can identify with Rocket, because there are definitely times playing this game or reading the forums where I've got my hands on my head out of disbelief and exasperation. 
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    MK's black is a solid punch animation...  nothing dramatic, but it beats the other punches out there IMO... 3* fist, imhb, peggy...  I'm sure theres about 10 other punches I don't use as often... but MK has the best I can recall...
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Straycat said:
    I like all of Wasps animations. And it depends on your feelings of baby groot, but I think theirs are pretty great. i kinda like Medusa's crazy jump scare too.
    I think wasp looks awkward and derpy when she stings.  Why's her arm all the way out there?  And she has a I'm pooping face.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate said:
    Straycat said:
    I think wasp looks awkward and derpy when she stings.  Why's her arm all the way out there?  And she has a I'm pooping face.
    Yea, thats kinda why I like it. Makes me laugh. Always looks different to me in action than a screenshot
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like 3* Cage, move with multiple punches.  it feels like every other animation in the game with a punch is One-Punch Man clones.

I like Strange's passive.

I like Ghost Riders move with the flame eyes.

Can't really think of many I dislike enough to bring up specifically.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    People have suggested an ability to toggle all these animations off, right ?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* Black Panther has some good ones. Actually, a number of the less popular 4* do, too. I like Mordo's Vaultin' Boots, Sandman's all look cool, and Riri's are pretty good, too. C4ge's yellow might be my fave, tho. Furry Friends is pretty awesome.

On the bad side, I absolutely hate 3* Punisher's red. I really don't like seeing a gun pointed at my face, even if it's just an animation. Blad3's purple kind of creeps me out, too. Wasp always looks like she's scared in her black's animation. HoboFist's blue looks way more like constipation than focus. Then there are a couple of characters who I just don't like the appearance of in general, like Juggernaut and 3* Bullseye, so I dislike their animations just because I don't want to see them any more than strictly necessary, for any reason. 3* Deadly Precision also bugs me because he's only throwing one knife in the animation, but it takes out like 5 tiles, all over the board.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best is "when the tough gets going"  3 star spiderman ability. So fast you don't even see anything. 
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Squirrel purple for sure
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    People have suggested an ability to toggle all these animations off, right ?
    Given that placement in PVE is largely based on the speed at which you clear nodes, turning off animations would give you a tactical advantage as it would speed up matches. As long as that remains the case, I doubt we'll ever get to turn them off. 
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    The best?  Devil Dinosaur purple.

My least favorite is Sentry's green.  The angle of his body, the way his top half is in perspective but then his legs arch up in a weird way...  It's bugged me for years now.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm partial to the animations that look like they're actually hitting the target, like Righteous Uppercut and Unibeam. 
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    My fave is 3 star Cyclops' black, which, of course, they don't use for his 4 star version :(  Worst might be both version of Cyclops' "Look At My Butt" power. 

Thor's green is garbage too.  It's supposed to be his ultimate, final attack and... he's not even in the animation?  Sure, whatever.