Older 4 stars - my suggestion/feedback

Ashmodai
Ashmodai Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
Storytime.  I play MPQ in public on my phone all the time.  Restaurants, game stores etc.  I have probably been asked about MPQ 50 times or so in total.  People would ask 'What is that game?' 'Is it fun?' 'Would you recommend playing it?'.  Before the decision to 'vault' older 4 stars I would always answer 'Ya...this game is super fun.  Time consuming if you want to be competitive...but fun.  I would definitely recommend playing it'.  But nowadays my answer is 'It is ok...but I wouldn't bother...it is too hard to get the older characters if you start now'.

I have been playing for about 1.5 years and while I didn't like all the changes...none of them bothered me especially until this change.  I think it is terrible for the game...and newer players especially.

I am totally confused why there just isn't simply a REAL 'Classic Legends'  20cp option.  An option where you can actually get the older 4 star characters.  It would be so easy.  You have the 25cp option...that option has the newest 5 stars AND the 12 or so newest 4 stars.  Then you have the 20cp option which is just basically everything else.  Or maybe...if you like...you have 3 different options:
1: newest guys (both 4 and 5)
2: the way it is now (12 latest 4s, older 5s)
3: older guys (real classic) (older 4s and older 5s) or maybe just random of everything?

An alternate option like this would take very little time to actually implement...and most of the people I have talked to...including the guy who actually convinced me to start playing in the first place...would be happy to have that option.

And this is just a super simple option.  You could probably easily implement a way to create your own 20cp option.  Similar to using favorites.  Like a 'custom legends' 20cp option...where you select any 4* 12 champions ...and when you buy from a vault you get a cover randomly from one of them (or whatever 5 stars are included in there...).

I really hate the new system and how skewed it has made my 4 star champions levels:  my oldest champion is ant-man.  He is currently 276.  My top 7 champions are ALL newer...ranging from 283(Luke Cage) to 293(Blade).  I really want to get some champ levels on my other guys...but getting covers for them is few and far between.

Anyways.  People told me not to bother posting anything because I will just get ignored and 'they don't give a ****'.  But I figured it was worth a try.

I'd really love to tell people to give the game a try...but I really won't without some good way for a newer player to get older characters covered without having to spend a whole **** pile of money.

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    There were sooo many threads and posts with this suggestion, but no reply from the developers on whether they're even considering this at all. One more thread can't hurt though, so good luck!
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Technically, IF every 3* could have 2 or 3 different 4*s (all three color variations) in its championing reward pool, vaulting would not be that painful. And for new 4*s, we would simply get one 3* champ for every three 4*s released, and this 3* would be having these 4*s and promotion rewards.
  • Ashmodai
    Ashmodai Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Ya.  There is probably piles of ways to 'fix' the older 4 stars issue.  Favorites isn't really a complete answer.  I know they are a business and they need to try to make ways to ensure their revenue stream continues.  But I feel the way they are doing things right now seem shortsighted.  If I was a newer player and saw all these old 4 stars that are near impossible to get more than a cover or two from...I would be very disappointed and probably find another game.  More money tomorrow is by getting AND KEEPING new players today.

I assumed there were a bunch of threads before me that attempted to address this problem.  The reason I waited so long is because I couldn't believe they wouldn't implement something to fix this on their own.  It just boggles my mind that they think is the right plan.
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    I would even be happy with a token for only older 4*, without the 5*.
  • atmosvere
    atmosvere Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I agree with the posts here. It's very frustrating as a newer player to try and collect older 4* covers. Please add ways to get them.
  • thatgyemartin
    thatgyemartin Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I agree with many of the suggestions listed here and I firmly believe that the 'classic' 4* dilemma is the most critical flaw in the game today. It creates a tremendous imbalance between older and newer players. An example of this is the Medusa/Carnage/Mr. Fantastic team often used in PVE. Unless I would spend obscene amounts of CPs to cover/champ these characters I am at a tremendous disadvantage in PVE events. 
  • atmosvere
    atmosvere Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    MPQ - Thank you for adding older 4*s back into the packs.  I also think that having the newer characters with a better chance of dropping a really good compromise.