Why did Heroes for Hire change?

MMCskippy
MMCskippy Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
1,000 coins was a deal, but 3,600? That's a lot of coins!

Was the 1,000 coin price point a newb bonus?

Comments

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    It wont change daily either, it will change every 5 days...   but yeah unless you spend money on it, I'd only consider the store if you have a lot of extra roster spots...  investing in roster spots can help you make HP more efficiently.
  • MMCskippy
    I will say that I bought DS when he was offered because it was the flames cover and it was the best 1000 coins I've spent in the game to date. He's opened up making tons of content not cost HP to revive.
  • MMCskippy
    Now? I'll be holding off on spending those extra coins on 4* champs. I'm not ready for that business.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    It is only a good deal if you have a 5/5/0 and they are selling the 0 of a valuted or about to be vaulted character.  Then it is a great deal if you really want the character. lol  Sadly this has already happened to me.
  • MissChinch
    MaskedMan said:
    It is only a good deal if you have a 5/5/0 and they are selling the 0 of a valuted or about to be vaulted character.  Then it is a great deal if you really want the character. lol  Sadly this has already happened to me.

There aren't a lot of great options to turn HP into retired 4* covers...  You can spend ~18k HP to buy out a store vault that's got 3 4*s and an LT, but it'll be increasing less likely that you actually need all 3 of those covers, or that they're all retired characters...   So, 3600 a pop for one isn't really a bad deal.  But to be clear, what makes it "not a bad deal" is simply how bad the other options for spending HP are...  I'd of course never recommend HP to be spent on anything but roster spots till you're at a good surplus.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaskedMan said:
    Or if you have a 5/5/2 and would rather spend HP than CP to get that final cover. 

But to get back to your initial example, HfH was very useful for getting a specific cover you previously had none of for vaulted characters. Especially when a particular 4* is not a champ reward from a 3*. Something like, oh, I dunno, a red Spider-Gwen...

Basically, my only shots at getting her red cover now is PvE rewards/progression, but they don't favor featuring vaulted characters in PvE and her red may not be an obtainable placement reward or the progression reward; PvP placement/progression (lolwut?); Vintage Heroic Tokens (.... riiiiiigggghhhhttt); and Bonus Heroes (very rare, still subject to RNG when it comes to color of the cover).

HfH was going to be my no muss, no fuss way of getting her red cover. That is, until they totally screwed everything up literally a day or two before she was available. For the life of me, I can't figure out why on the last day they didn't offer Gwenpool and Kate Bishop black and Spider-Gwen red, even for just 24 hours. Those were the ONLY characters who's second covers weren't offered.

I was planning on using it for Drax's red too, although I suppose I still can. I just have to wait about eight months instead of less than two. :neutral:
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I doubt we'll ever get an official confirmation as to the exact reason(s) HfH changed. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that it was more efficient to use 2500 (v1 HfH) to 3600HP on a cover versus 120CP.

And regardless of what anyone says HfH was a useful utility to have be it buying a missing character, like I did with Drax, buying a cover on an ideal 4*, or because you had some great spread of 3/4/4 whatever and just wanted to speed up max covers of a character. 

As someone who had the 2500HP HfH initial offer I'm going to miss/mourn both variants of the store. RIP HfH. The third version of the store is pretty much garbage.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, HFH WAS really useful for people that already had a strong roster, but needed a vaulted character or catch yourself with a 5/5/2 character with 3 covers dying on the vine.

I have a slot for every character and if I need a roster spot I can always sell off a 1 star and get it back the characters in 10 minutes of PVP (if I want them).  

RIP hfh store.  It's totally worthless now.
  • MissChinch
    Yeah, HFH WAS really useful for people that already had a strong roster, but needed a vaulted character or catch yourself with a 5/5/2 character with 3 covers dying on the vine.

I have a slot for every character and if I need a roster spot I can always sell off a 1 star and get it back the characters in 10 minutes of PVP (if I want them).  

RIP hfh store.  It's totally worthless now.

Anyone that reached the point where they weren't being squeezed for roster spots could frequently take advantage of this... 

The problem is once you get all the roster spots you need, and you have a solid 2* farm going with room for a 3* farm, you start to swim in HP...  with no real good option to spend the HP on.

If you're focusing on 4*s, you can roll the dice with heroics (I don't), you can buy the daily deal (which I likely will, but you'll still be net positive on iso even if you do that cause its throttled) You can buy out event vaults to the tune of ~18000HP for 3 4*s a LT and some swag....   or you can pay 3600 for a specific single 4* cover.

3600 HP for a 4* cover still isn't a bad deal...  you just wont be getting to target specific covers...  Its extremely less appealing than the HfH store that rotated daily, but there really isn't a better game in town when it comes to turning HP into vaulted 4*s...

• Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    HfH just doesn't work for me anymore, it made sense when it was tied into Behemoth Burrito I could totally see the point for new players and vets alike. Now it's tied into Crash of the Titans it just doesn't work, the rotation is too slow and if you couldn't beat CotT before then one cover is not really going to make any difference. Surely people are going to be spending less with this system.