4* DDQ: Hulkbuster vs Hulk

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
No problem for lv275 Hulkbuster. Got to 22 Red before one-shotting Hulk

For lower-level Busters, prioritise denying Green, then Red followed by Black. Try to save up enough Red to one-shot Hulk and avoid triggering Anger

LT got me Mordo Black to complete him at 5/4/4

Comments

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Really stuggling w this one with level 152 1/4/2
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got this one first go 3/4/3 lvl 209. Had a good board as Hulk never got a power off

LT was an Agent Venom which is ok as I champed him 2 days ago
  • Uncletas
    Uncletas Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Did this used to be against a lower level Hulk or am I just forgetful?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not much problem for champed HB, as expected. Hulk seemed to prioritize Black matching so I had to generate Red a bit at a time until I could Punch.

LT became a champ level for RiRi. Appropriate I guess.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One Punch Iron Man L272 had no problems.  Match was a little long with the amount of time it took to gather that much AP with no boosts, but didn't even go below half health.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    got wiped out the first time but the other time the board was more favorable. won with my lvl 168 4/2/2 Hulkbuster

pulled a Mordo cover. to the trash heap it goes. can't wait for him to get vaulted to preferably never waste my tokens again
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Busted him :) Got a 5* Hawkeye
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had no trouble with my 5/5/3 150 HB. Straight up, no boosts. Hulk didn't get a power off, I hit his blue twice and his black once, collected 24 red ap and one punched him to oblivion.

To the hoard!!

On another note, this crash really shows just how weak a leveled up hulk really is......
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    270 5/5/3 IMHB. Saved up 23 red and one shotted.

LT gave me a purple Mordo cover. My Mordo is already fully covered and he's a minor priority so I sold it.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's no surprise that a character with the name 'Hulkbuster' works very well against the Hulk.... but it's very much required to have a good amount of covers into the red to make this work well.

https://puu.sh/wvNaM/d4cf6945cd.jpg

First attempt.
    5/2/2
    Level 188
    No boosts.

Saved up 25 red. Overdrive tiles on the board punched em.
    One match later he was dead.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got him on the first try with my 4/2/2 Level 168 HB.

Collected 28 red, firing blue and black along the way. In hind sight, I should have waited to hit him when there was more black on the board to hopefully match away the Anger tile. 

Thankfully it didn't cause a huge cascade, although it did give him enough green for Thunderous Clap. That also didn't cause much of a cascade. I think I ended up firing blue one more time, then red again when he had 65 health left, to add insult to injury. I think I finished with not quite 1200 health left. Token to the hoard. 
  • Haldern
    Haldern Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    5/5/1 at 130, no boosts, downed hulk on first attempt. I had an amazingly lucky board throughout. I fired off one blue, one black and waited until he was down to 13k before unloading 29 red on him. He never got a green match but made it up to 10 red himself. 

LT gave me mordo for the trash heap. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/2/2 at 110 with no boosts and I got him on my first try.

Board never had much Green (he never gone one off) and was pretty lucky with Red / Blue / Black so that I got to fire Blue twice to get to 25 Red and fired Black and then 1 punched him from 13K to 0 when I was down to 500 health after firing Black.

Got Mordo purple taking him to 3/5/5 so he's ready to champ.

2nd time I've ever beaten the crash (first time was with Bag Lady going invisible)

KGB
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I figured I might as well give it a try with my 1/0/2 Hulkbuster. It went about as expected.

Also, I think I need to complain to the BBB or something. I used the option marked "Hulk-Proof" and he still beat the tinykitty out of me. False Advertising! At most, that should be labeled "Hulk-Resistant" ;)
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3/1/3 lvl 150
    Surprisingly difficult. After ~5 tries I just used +100% match damage and downed him without too many issueas.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Got it on the first try with a Lv200 5/4/2 Hulkbuster.  He got a couple greens off, but a 25 red AP punch ended it.

The token gave me a red Riri, making her 5/5/1.

• LovelyMagickUnicorn
    LovelyMagickUnicorn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's nice to get an easy token but does anyone think it'd be interesting to face off against 5* Hulk instead?
  • throughsilver
    throughsilver Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's nice to get an easy token but does anyone think it'd be interesting to face off against 5* Hulk instead?
    Possibly interesting, but I think (unless levelled up) he'd be even easier than level 270 3* Hulk. :)
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Looks like everyone is pulling Mordo or Riri with the LT.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    10_EFX_01 said:
    Looks like everyone is pulling Mordo or Riri with the LT.
    This statement is false.