What Happens after SHIELD Rank 125

ZeroKarma
ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
I'm about to hit Rank 125, the new upper limit of SHIELD ranks. Does anyone know, perhaps from before the max was raised to 125, if the experience points continue to build in the background? Or do you start from scratch no matter how many packs you open or level you add in the meantime?

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe that you basically lose potential ISO, since you are no longer making XP to get to the next level. So your reward is no reward. And then hopefully they eventually add more ranks at some point, and hopefully they do something more exciting with people who have made it past rank 53.

I'm at rank 102 myself, so I still have a few months left before I get there.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 said:
    I believe that you basically lose potential ISO, since you are no longer making XP to get to the next level. So your reward is no reward. And then hopefully they eventually add more ranks at some point, and hopefully they do something more exciting with people who have made it past rank 53.

I'm at rank 102 myself, so I still have a few months left before I get there.

but... if you timed the last level increase right (not that you have any control of it) I believe there was a substantial amount of ISO given for hitting the cap that was later turned into a normal sized reward when the cap was raised ?

If that's the case, theres a small window where capping out is actually better...  but I'm sure it dwindles fast.

Good luck ;)

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's almost no chance that I'll hit that bonus payout. As with most things, the more I progress, the more the goal post will be moved further away from me.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll hit 125 in a week or two, and there better be XP tracking behind the scenes so that we get grandfathered into 125+ when it opens up.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    I'll hit 125 in a week or two, and there better be XP tracking behind the scenes so that we get grandfathered into 125+ when it opens up.

Yes, this. Otherwise those of us who hit this wall are at a significant disadvantage as everyone else now catches up. The bonus for level 125 is 100k ISO. After that you earn no more xp (visibly in game) and no more bonus ISO plateaus. 

I don't understand why there's a wall at all...
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I'm about to hit 111 and I've stopped opening tokens, except for Event tokens, to slow my march to 125. 

I'd like to see a change where once you've hit 125 you reset back to, say SCL 75 (something that won't affect entering events at the highest level), but all of your heroes can now go one level higher.. Getting a 3* to level 267 certainly isn't any sort of major advantage, but it would be kind of a cool trophy.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Stax, you don't know wh Yelena yet? PM

I really hope they track the progress, but it would be nice to know. I imagine it will happen the same time as scl9 and 10. Seemingly easy things to do, but for some reason delayed for ages.

At the very least I can get the bonus ISO. The last time, they set rank 100 at 100k. If you were able to get there before the change you got a substantial bonus. If not, you got the standard progression ISO. 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Bowgentle said:

Yes, this. Otherwise those of us who hit this wall are at a significant disadvantage as everyone else now catches up. The bonus for level 125 is 100k ISO. After that you earn no more xp (visibly in game) and no more bonus ISO plateaus. 

Not really a disadvantage since you already hit the rewards that others would just be catching up on.  I'm sure I'm in the minority on the forums here but I'd like it to stay static at rank 125 for the foreseeable future.  
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    revskip said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Bowgentle said:

Not really a disadvantage since you already hit the rewards that others would just be catching up on.  I'm sure I'm in the minority on the forums here but I'd like it to stay static at rank 125 for the foreseeable future.  

Why?  Why punish the people that have maxed out and 125?   Sorry but that doesn't make any sense.  I will be pushing that level very soon. If they don't track the XP over 125 for those who are capped, then they are at a high disadvantage once they unlock 125+. 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    revskip said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Bowgentle said:

Why?  Why punish the people that have maxed out and 125?   Sorry but that doesn't make any sense.  I will be pushing that level very soon. If they don't track the XP over 125 for those who are capped, then they are at a high disadvantage once they unlock 125+. 
    I'll be hitting it in the coming weeks too.  No one is being punished, newer players are just being given a little time to play catch up.  No one is losing any rewards since everyone who has hit 125 have already gotten said rewards.  All that is happening is that there is a slight slow down to those who are already sitting on the top of the hill.  

I do like Bowgentle's suggestion that they track XP gains over the cap so when they do inevitably raise it those players will get credit for it.  Just would like that to be much further down the road than others would like.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    You ascend to a higher plane of consciousness.  

The colors are brighter, the matches are snappier, and when someone asks you "Why is Yelena?" you'll know the answer.
    You get the good ending in which you turn into a squid.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Bowgentle said:

Pick your punchline:
    A) To keep The Mexicans on the other side.
    B) To Make America Great Again.

Thanks, I'll be here all week! (well, maybe not now  :p)
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    revskip said:

I'll be hitting it in the coming weeks too.  No one is being punished, newer players are just being given a little time to play catch up.  No one is losing any rewards since everyone who has hit 125 have already gotten said rewards.  All that is happening is that there is a slight slow down to those who are already sitting on the top of the hill.  

I do like Bowgentle's suggestion that they track XP gains over the cap so when they do inevitably raise it those players will get credit for it.  Just would like that to be much further down the road than others would like.  
    All rankings do is give you ISO when you get to the next rank. So you are saying players who have played longer or harder should be punished by getting no ISO so that others can catch up to the same level. I rely on XP rank rewards for an extra boost to help me keep champing 4* characters and 5*. When a new 4* is released why should someone with a high rank have a harder time leveling up that characters. 

If your rank actually did something over whatever the limit is for CL8 then I could start to see where you are coming from. At least give a person who is at 125 some ISO every block of DPD to compensate for slower progress.

Lets say they open it up and in 5 months some people are at rank 200. Why does that matter to you at all? If a whale was rank 10,000 that would be cool. Good for them. When CL9 opens up and you need to be rank 100 to get in I don't think the 125 cap will matter.

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    revskip said:

All rankings do is give you ISO when you get to the next rank. So you are saying players who have played longer or harder should be punished by getting no ISO so that others can catch up to the same level. I rely on XP rank rewards for an extra boost to help me keep champing 4* characters and 5*. When a new 4* is released why should someone with a high rank have a harder time leveling up that characters. 

If your rank actually did something over whatever the limit is for CL8 then I could start to see where you are coming from. At least give a person who is at 125 some ISO every block of DPD to compensate for slower progress.

Lets say they open it up and in 5 months some people are at rank 200. Why does that matter to you at all? If a whale was rank 10,000 that would be cool. Good for them. When CL9 opens up and you need to be rank 100 to get in I don't think the 125 cap will matter.

That's like saying everyone out of the 2* tier is being punished by not being able to complete more prologue missions for ISO...   Its a bad argument...  That said I would be all for them just rewarding a fixed amount of ISO every 1000 experience points a player earns.

The shield rank system is just poorly designed with no particular use, the one thing its used for is about to become ridiculous when scaling moves away from roster based scaling in PvE.  If they want to meter out ISO rewards based on playing the game, just incorporate more ISO into the game already.

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    After 125, you can stop playing. Congrats! You've won!
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    edited June 2017
    Beer40 said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Bowgentle said:

Pick your punchline:
    A) To keep The Mexicans on the other side.
    B) To Make America Great Again.

Thanks, I'll be here all week! (well, maybe not now  :p)
    LMBO, okayyyy this is freaking HILARIOUS.  Thumbs up to our comedian Beer40.