Upcoming Boss Event

Options
astrp3
astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker

On a more positive note: https://news.marvel.com/games/67297/spider-man-homecoming-arrives-marvel-games/

Let the speculation on the details begin. Is this going to be a Civil War type event (I'm guessing not, but I'm not sure how a boss event will feature three bosses)? Will each of the two missions feature three members of the Sinister Six for a total of six or will they each feature the same three (Ock, Sandman, Vulture)? Are they going to just repeat the event on the 24th (have they ever repeated a boss event within a month)? Is that a 5* Spidey on the 6th and a 4* Vulty on the 13th (that's what I'm guessing)?

And the big one (for me) - will the boss event(s) offer vaulted 4* covers as prizes and if so, how many (six per event or three)?

Comments

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think it is 4* spiderman and 5* vulture based on the order
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    BOSS RUSH 2 STYLE. That's how!
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Beer40 said:

Thanks. I've only been playing since November, so I've never actually played a boss rush (unless they had one and I don't remember it). I'll have to do a search and see how they work.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    Beer40 said:

Thanks. I've only been playing since November, so I've never actually played a boss rush (unless they had one and I don't remember it). I'll have to do a search and see how they work.
    Sorry, I didn't know you were new. That's actually a joke. The original Boss Rush didn't really work so well and we haven't seen it since. If you can dig up the threads (if they moved over from the old forum) you'll get an idea of what happened.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    astrp3 said:
    Beer40 said:

Sorry, I didn't know you were new. That's actually a joke. The original Boss Rush didn't really work so well and we haven't seen it since. If you can dig up the threads (if they moved over from the old forum) you'll get an idea of what happened.
    Despite how bad the first one was they did claim it was going to be reworked.  I think this is the most likely place if it's really going to have multiple bosses.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds like a mix of Civil War and Boss Rush.

Civil War, because there are two "sides" (could just be two different Boss Nodes but "one" event, like Ultron/Galactus, except you get to pick which three you fight).

Boss Rush because you'll be fighting teams of 3 (Doc Ock, Sandman, Vulture, Goblin, Venom, Carnage, MPQ will totally have it's own unique Sinister Six roster, because those are the villains we have available). But I bet it'll be the same teams, to simplify things a little from Boss Rush. Should make it easier to balance.

We'll get the same boss event twice. Boss on the 6th, Vulture on the 13th, Boss on the... 24th? That might be a typo. "Should" be the 20th, but maybe they're running it at a different time of week to let people with different schedules have a shot? Who knows. But yeah, they ALWAYS repeat boss events with a week between when they're new (except for maybe Thanos?) One lets us work out the kinks (players figure patterns, devs tweak what isn't balanced right), then we go full force the second time around.

Rewards will depend on exact structure. Full Civil War with two separate paths, that means two 4*s. If it's just Boss Rush with two different boss nodes to pick, that would probably mean one progression, and thus one 4*. Probably a 5* Spidey token at the end.

Speaking of, Spidey and Vulture, Vulture gets a PVP, Spidey doesn't. That implies Spidey is a 5*, Vulture is a 4*. But with Doc Ock (5*) and Sandman (4*), the 5/4/4 pattern they've held for... well I don't remember the last time it was broken, at least, but that pattern says the next character should be a 4*. Which isn't the case if we get a 5* Spidey for the movie (I really want a 4* Peter Parker, so the character is usable at that tier, finally, but the business move says to go for the 5* because Spider-Man is like the most profitable superhero character on the planet)
  • broll
    Options
    broll said:
    Beer40 said:
    astrp3 said:
    Beer40 said:

Despite how bad the first one was they did claim it was going to be reworked.  I think this is the most likely place if it's really going to have multiple bosses.

My money would actually be on boss rush take 2...  

Since, in the intervening time since the last boss event, the forums have become a friendlier place and the developer has done much to increase their credibility, I'm sure it'll be bug free and well received.

You tinykitty near made me spit my drink out.  That's a phenomenal response! ROFL.
  • broll
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Sounds like a mix of Civil War and Boss Rush.

Boss Rush because you'll be fighting teams of 3 (Doc Ock, Sandman, Vulture, Goblin, Venom, Carnage, MPQ will totally have it's own unique Sinister Six roster, because those are the villains we have available). But I bet it'll be the same teams, to simplify things a little from Boss Rush. Should make it easier to balance.
    Pretty much what I thought, I could see the last member being Carnage or Kingpin though.  My bet's still on Carnage though.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ***Please use the official thread located here. Thanks!***

***Edit - We are reopening this thread as a main hub for discussion on the Boss Event itself. As such, we will be moving the thread to the Events forum. Once an official thread for the Boss Event is up, we will re-close this thread so discussion can be centralized.***
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    I think it is 4* spiderman and 5* vulture based on the order
    I'd bet on other way around.  Vulture's getting a PvP, we don't have 5* PvP.   

• Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    wouldn't this mean there's going to be two 5* Spidermen with the Black Suit Spiderman 5*?

what if they swerve us and give us 3* Ben Riley? unlikely but still, maybe they want to expand the 3* roster for pragmatic reasons
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No, the new character will be 5 star Aunt May (hot)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No. Sexy Aunt May is just wrong.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    But it's true. Marisa Tomei IS hot.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tell that to Tony Stark...
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    all I can ever think about when y'all talk about "sexy aunt may" is that old comic where Doc Ock almost married Aunt May and Peter could only shake his fist in horror and anger at them.

Also I don't think it's going to be Spiderman 2099 because the character poll had him listed as one of the options.