I misread a card and now feel stupid

Options
DBJones
DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
Edit: I was wrong, and need to figure out how to get rid of this thread. Until then, here's my mistake for your amusement:

I was up against a creature that had "If your opponent controls a creature with defender or reach that has a power of 4 or more when this creature attacks, this creature is unblockable." I couldn't find it when I looked through the creatures, it may have been a gained effect somehow.

Anyway, I had a Doomed Dissenter with the black cartouche and deathtouch from a Gnarlroot Trapper so it was a 3/3 reach, lifelink, and deathtouch. None of my other creatures had reach, defender, or even vigilence, so the only thing I could think of was that deathtouch made Doomed Dissenter's Power read as equal to the other creature's toughness, which I think was 4, it definitely wasn't lower than 4.

If anyone can point me to the creature that has the quoted power, or a similar one I may have misread, that would be very helpful.

Comments

• julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

DBJones said:
    I was up against a creature that had "If your opponent controls a creature with defender or reach that has a power of 4 or more when this creature attacks, this creature is unblockable." I couldn't find it when I looked through the creatures, it may have been a gained effect somehow.

Anyway, I had a Doomed Dissenter with the black cartouche and deathtouch from a Gnarlroot Trapper so it was a 3/3 reach, lifelink, and deathtouch. None of my other creatures had reach, defender, or even vigilence, so the only thing I could think of was that deathtouch made Doomed Dissenter's Power read as equal to the other creature's toughness, which I think was 4, it definitely wasn't lower than 4.

If anyone can point me to the creature that has the quoted power, or a similar one I may have misread, that would be very helpful.

It may have been this card and you misread the text as 4 or more, rather than 4 or less?

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think you're right, thanks for the help.

Now I just need to figure out how to delete this thread or label it as not an actual problem.