I miss Heroic PVE events

Options
Now that my PVP matchmaking and PVE scaling are firmly in 5* crazypants land, it dawned on me that I really miss the old Heroic events.  I know they  had some flaws, and if you didn't have the available characters you were kind of SOL, but it would be really nice to not have to use Hawkeye, Thanos, or Phoenix on every single node because they're the only ones strong enough to get the job done.

Does anyone else miss Heroics?  Let's bring them back!
Tagged:

Comments

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Let's leave them in the vault.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Always liked Heroics and i'm not even in 5* land. It's something different, i like the limit roster, findinding out interesting combos from that poll, using characters i don't usually use (even boosted). It's part of the "Puzzle" in MPQ...

I know they can be tough on a new player, my suggestion here is to remove roster limit from SCL 1-5 (maybe 6).
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options

How much I enjoyed heroic events was proportional with how deep my roster was...   first starting I hated heroics, skipped some...  near the end of their run, heroics were the most fun events because they gave enough heroes where you could come up with a few interesting teams, but not so much that you could fall back on the standard cookie cutter optimal teams.

I'd be fine with them coming back, but can you imagine the howling that would occur over vaulting, if its this bad now and there are no roster restricted events ?

If D3/Demi wants to force people into buying vaulted characters and they're purposely keeping their covers scarce and costly then this would give em a way to apply even more pressure (and piss even more people off) so it seems as likely as any odd suggestion that hits the forum... 

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No I don't miss heroics at all.  With vaulting characters making it harder to get certain characters than ever Heroics would be worse now then they were when they were pulled for new players.  
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I didn't like Heroics. But I wouldn't care if they came back because I think the more different events we get, the better. It keeps the same 3 events from cycling in again so quickly.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Now that my PVP matchmaking and PVE scaling are firmly in 5* crazypants land, it dawned on me that I really miss the old Heroic events.  I know they  had some flaws, and if you didn't have the available characters you were kind of SOL, but it would be really nice to not have to use Hawkeye, Thanos, or Phoenix on every single node because they're the only ones strong enough to get the job done.

Does anyone else miss Heroics?  Let's bring them back!

You might have missed this, but d3 is implementing SCL-based scaling rather than roster-based scaling (and has already run 2 test events). So... 
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You might have missed this, but d3 is implementing SCL-based scaling rather than roster-based scaling (and has already run 2 test events). So... 
    Yes!  This is a big win, and the two test events were so much better to play than the current PVE.  It still doesn't incentivize me to use anyone other than my 3 best characters, because optimal play rewards speed.  I just want reasons to use the giant list of characters that are available.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's fair - but it's really up to you if it's worth it to take 1 event (or more) to prioritize fun over speed, isn't it? I mean, yeah, it would be nice to be able to have both at the same time, but after all, the point of the game is to have fun!

:smile:
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes!!! Being back heroics, even when I didn't have everyone well covered I liked these events. They are more challenging. I was disappointed when they ended!!! Bring them back!!! 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I liked the limited roster, honestly. I liked cobbling together teams from what was available like the armchair general that I am.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I remembered loathing these events when I first started. I felt it was really unfair that if you didn't have the required characters, you basically couldn't play. 

But right about the time they changed them, my roster was finally getting to the point where I could start appreciating these events a little more. It would be interesting to try my hand at the old style again. 
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
     DarthDeVo said:
    I remembered loathing these events when I first started. I felt it was really unfair that if you didn't have the required characters, you basically couldn't play. 

But right about the time they changed them, my roster was finally getting to the point where I could start appreciating these events a little more. It would be interesting to try my hand at the old style again. 
    I was the same way.  It was nice to get to the point where Juggernaut couldn't headbutt you to death all match long.

So Heroics are done with, at least for the near future?  I was wondering why we hadn't seen them in awhile
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rocks52 said:
     DarthDeVo said:

I was the same way.  It was nice to get to the point where Juggernaut couldn't headbutt you to death all match long.

So Heroics are done with, at least for the near future?  I was wondering why we hadn't seen them in awhile
    I don't recall seeing an official statement or anything like that, but the Heroic events have been noticeably absent. Honestly, I can't remember what the last one was or when it ran. I want to say Oscorp Heroic, but can't remember when it was. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think there was one around the beginning of the month but I don't really remember.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heroics are a big problems for new players.  If they want to bring back heroics it should be that only higher level SCLs (starting no earlier than 4 or 5) have the restricted characters and the lower levels can use whatever they have.  Seems like a reasonable compromise to me.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Heroics are a big problems for new players.  If they want to bring back heroics it should be that only higher level SCLs (starting no earlier than 4 or 5) have the restricted characters and the lower levels can use whatever they have.  Seems like a reasonable compromise to me.
    Rather than basing it on clearance level, they could simply include all 1* and 2* characters in the restricted set.

That would have pretty much no effect for establisher players where those characters are too low level, while effectively removing the roster restriction from new players.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You don't need Heroics, there are plenty of 4* combos now that can easily clear 5* PvE scaling (mostly involving one to two of Carol/Coulson).  

Might have to drop a tier on placement, but placement in PvE doesn't mean a ton these days anyway.  In some cases that just means giving up 500 iso, which is nothing.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I find that having a different boosted list each week is enough incentive to try different characters. In my opinion boosts are the carrot to try different teams, Heroics are the stick. So, no roster limited Heroics, please.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'd be fine if they ran heroics concurrently and just made the prizes ****... 

If we're looking at from just an entertainment standpoint, put some iso in there and throw us a few 100 HP throughout the event..  I'd probably do it for just measly ISO, HP and wouldn't say no to a few elite covers...