A possible change to Bonus Heroes

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards

OK It's been quite a while since I posted - have just had the busiest 6 months since I first became a researcher.

I like Bonus Heroes, some don't. I do. That doesn't mean however that I think it can't be improved - hint, it can.

Currently you have odds of pulling a bonus hero at each tier (it's been so long that I actually cant remember what they are) which is fine but can lead to an incredibly uneven distribution - which in turn leads to frustration. Some (like me) literally never see a bonus hero at some tiers (never seen a bonus 5, had only 10 bonus 4's). I think a better system would be if instead of each pull granting an x % chance of pulling one we simply were granted a bonus hero after X amount of pulls instead.

you could get a bonus 3* after 30 pulls, bonus 4 after 20 and bonus 5 after 10- or something similar. The actual thresholds could be reviewed but the system itself ( I believe) is vastly superior as it leads to both less uneven distribution and also a regularity and predictability of when they happen.

Vote yes if you agree or no if you don't, simple. It's been so long that I cannot remember how to make a poll so instead I'm just posting this.

Comments

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    In before "Off to Suggestions and Feedback."
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate bonus hero droughts. I haven't pulled a 4 since spider gwen ' s crash, which I know for fact since she is my bonus hero. And 3 star BH have dried up for the time being. 

It really is a great mechanic when working but when not feels like the game is working against you.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    The entirety of this game needs a bad luck mechanic. From five star tokens on down. Every token you don't draw the max reward, the odds on your next are improved by 2-5%. Same mechanic for bonus heroes, and I would have a separate one for each rarity level. Otherwise everyone would just end up with a flood of bonus 3 stars.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    A streak-breaker would be nice. After a month of hoarding my CP and LP, I'm about 70 pulls in, aiming for 300+. If after 6 or so months of hoarding, I still can't get a single championed Latest Legendary, due to bad RNG on pulls and 5* BHs, I'll be very sad.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would make bonus hero have no star requirement. Every pull, maybe minus 1 stars, gives you a chance to pull a bonus hero at any level. Keep the draw rates the same, but at least it would provide the idea of hope that your next silly 2 star pull might drop one of your three chosen bonus heroes.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm picturing a massive number of "Your streakbreaker is broken" threads already... :)