Beating Temmet Lvl 150?

What kind of deck does it take? Lockdown with cast out?? Could anyone give an example or an idea please? Thanks in advance! ;)

Comments

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    I beat it with a Sorin deck with Cast Out, (with the Hartbeast and Aviary Mechanic ) lifelink and removal.  It requires a bit of luck to get enough Cast Outs on the board.  
    I also beat it with Drake Haven, New Perspectives and 8 cyclers.  Use Censor and Floodwaters to keep him from killing you and your Drakes before you can kill him.
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler

I've typically beat him using Dovin and a Cast Out deck similar to @Gilesclone. I also beat it once using Rhonas + Mantle of Webs, but that's risky since he has Vindicate in his deck - and of course, you need to have a particular mythic for that approach. This could also work with Drake Haven instead of Rhonas, since your drake stack would probably be big enough to survive the damage.

I know one person who used an alternate lockdown strategy of Sandworm Convergence + Stratus Walk.

• Luciandevine
    Luciandevine Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I know that this is an old post, but gonna comment on it anyway.

When dealing with all 3 of the tier 3 fights in the Bolas event the fastest and most efficient way is naturally to use a Drake Haven cycling deck.

In the absence of that, a white or white/black deck with the 3 aforementioned cards is the next best option. One thing that the above people didn't quite mention, though, except how to get to Cast Out faster, is that these fights are marathons, not sprints.

How you play the fight is just as important as the cards you use.I like a combination of support and spell based removal, Lethal Sting being one of my favorites.

As far as how to play the fight, though, when you draw removal, put it near the top and fill it early so that you have it when you need it. It's easy to say that you can just get the 3 mana for Lethal Sting on the turn that they drop that Rhonas' Last Stand 7/6 when the PW has the points to reinforce it 6 times, but god forbid that be the one turn when the only thing available is a PW symbol match. Pre-filling your removal for situations that you know might eventually be lethal is super important. Better to have it and not need it than need it and be unable to use it when the time comes because you didn't think ahead.