Switching devices and lost data

Options
haro63
haro63 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
I usually switch between paying on my phone and tablet regularly but I seem to occasionally lose data between devices.  I've been checking the leader boards and forcing the app closed as they suggest but it still occasionally happens.  Anyone else having that problem?  I wish they would have a manual button to force a data save.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've heard that checking leaderboards forces a reload, possibly the fastest way. Failing that you can grab a random team and start a story mission and immediately retreat, that should also do it.

If that doesn't help, you'll probably need to be more specific about what you mean by "Data"
  • haro63
    Options
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.  I'm calling data as things like earned covers, iso, etc.  When I lost data, everything would regress to a previous time or session on a different device.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @haro63 Pardon for jumping onto this thread a bit late, it's been a busy week for me.

This tends to happen when switching between two devices, however there have been a few rare cases where players take heed to force closing the application before switching devices and still lose data.

If your account ever loses items such as rewards or purchases through an application such as this were data is reverted back to a previous state, please reach out to our Customer Support team so that they can work with you into crediting the items back.

If you're unsure of how to reach Customer Support, you can use the following the link to contact them: https://d3go.com/mpq-support
  • haro63
    Options
    Thanks tombstone.  I contacted customer support about this and didn't get anywhere after several back and forth on email.  Zero help with recovering lost covers.  I've had this happen even after checking the leader board.  Not sure if it was app version related but it hasn't happened for a while.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did Facebook synch break again? It's not doing anything when I click on it.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @haro63 Hm... that certainly seems odd. Please PM me the Ticket Number for your case, and I'll see what's going on with our support team and your ticket.

@Bowgentle Doesn't sound like you're experiencing the same issue that other's have described on this case. Please contact our Customer Support team for further assistance with the issue that you've reported. You can find the link from my last reply on this thread.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Tombstone

Nah I'll just wait. The devs have a habit of breaking Facebook connect with every patch, I'm kinda surprised it lasted so long this time.

Edit:
    Fixed lol.

Maybe it was on my end this time, re-logged into FB and the save transfered normally.
  • haro63
    Options
    @Tombstone

I found the original request to customer service for the first time it happened earlier in the year but I don't think I submitted anything the last few times.  I was looking more for additional tips.  Checking the leader board and force closing wasn't always working but it's been a month since I've had an issue as of late

Thanks