One thing that makes me almost uninstall is still not fixed

Yawgmoth
Yawgmoth Posts: 67 Match Maker
TOZ event is again at 4 hours recharge. This is a well known bug and it's been going for at least 3 weeks now. This makes us have to dedicate absolutely RIDICULOUS amount of time per day to play this game to keep up with the recharges. Long hours... Even at 8 hours recharge this event was too time consuming but this is madness. 

Have mercy for your addicted players. Fix it asap.

Comments

• naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    It's not a bug sadly. Though @Brigby did conduct a poll and a second poll, apparently having the overwhelming response be change the recharge time was not enough to actually get to change the recharge time.
  • Zero416
    Zero416 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    I dont normally post.  But a 4 hr recharge sucks big time.  
  • Furks
    Furks Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    I don't even play that event anymore. Half the encounters are mind numbingly easy, the other half require some sort of broken deck and take 10 minutes each to complete. Boss health is a stupid mechanic
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    It's not broken.  They up the recharges available so you don't have to play every 4 hours. I like the 4 hour recharge but apparently I'm sad.  What I don't like is that with 8 hour recharges at the weekend you do this and training and then game has nothing for you to do for 8 hours.  Story completed before someone says do story! 
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Unless you don't have anything else to do during the weekend, the four hour recharges are too much. A lot of people DO have other things to do. I personally would prefer 8, or even 6 hours between charges.  

The problem that I see with the poll is that only the hardcore players typically find their way to the forums to voice their opinion. I'd think that would result in a biased conclusion being drawn from the poll when the majority of the player base is probably casual players who love the four hour recharges. It gives them more opportunities to beat the tougher challenges. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    I also detest the 4 hour recharge. It is impossible to keep up with if you have a normal life as well. Even the 6 charges fill up very quickly. An example: I was out last Sunday with my family and guess what. 6 charges totally full on each node. Too bad for ToZ. I don't want to let my coaltion down, so I play until 750 and that's it. If it were 8 hour recharges, I would play them all (at least if I still had the time to do so). This is just plain madness...
  • Zero416
    edited June 2017
    I dont know how to link but under page 4 theres a post with an updated poll.  I believe at the time theres 70% in favour of changing the recharge time.  Almost a week ago.  Please change it back to 8hrs.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think the 4 hour recharges would be nearly as obnoxious if the objectives weren't so demanding.  I can't just beat honored hydra I have to play 3 creatures with defender and cast 5 spells as well.  I have to end with 10 or less life on Harst Mentor.  I have to build very specific decks, usually based on mindless cycling to beat any of the 3rd node bosses.  It was a bit cumbersome at 8 hour recharges!
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I skipped ToZ this weekend given the current setup and it was an absolutely wonderful feeling of freedom.

There is such a microscopic return on investment with this game right now it is hard to imagine being enticed back into the grind.
  • Machine
    @gruntface: I like the idea, but I don't want to let my coalition down. Basically, we're trapped in D3's web.
  • Furks
    Furks Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Pvp events should have charge timers and face you against other players, while pve events should allow you to clear them at your own pace. 

It sucks to be locked out of trying a 'boss' but it sucks just as much to be forced to farm a boss. Just let us attempt them as many times as we want. We already have events like this so I don't get why we keep seeing these 'boss health' events that constantly have balancing issues 
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Machine said:
    @gruntface: I like the idea, but I don't want to let my coalition down. Basically, we're trapped in D3's web.

Totally understood. I temporarily stepped out of my coalition as I felt my contributions were lower than they could have been and dragging us down. Instead of joining the JV team, I stayed out for the last couple of weeks and it feels good man. The personal cost to keeping pace with events was not worth it. I am hoping a short break will get me back up for it, but right now I'm doing little more than logging in and TG.

Yes, we were 'spoiled' during the early days of coalitions but that doesn't change that this was the benchmark I and many others work from. With the game being far short of that now, it's hard to get motivated, especially when I have the coalition to let down.

If no changes were made beyond adding new sets/events and allowing for some player feedback, I am pretty sure we would have had negligible impact at the top level and a far more engaged player base (not to mention a better new player experience because who doesn't like rewards)? But for the sake of a few and a move to a P2W model requiring the purchase of multiple mythics and PW, we don't and honestly that's fine. We can always vote with our 'feet' and our wallets.
  • Yawgmoth
    Yawgmoth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    aaaand it's still not fixed!
    An absurd amount of play TIME required, but rewards as bad as in a regular mid-week event. I'm totally D3motivated to even launch the game anymore... but I feel I have to, obligations... 

• Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    It's thematic guys, don't you see?  You're all obviously not zealous enough to complete the Trial of Zeal!

</sarcasm>
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously, if not for being in the coalition, I wouldn't have any motivation to do this stupid event at all.
  • Machine
    @Brigby: Here some more feedback regarding the 4 hours refresh for the Trial of Zeal coalition. PLEASE change it back to 8 hours.
  • gillkonam
    gillkonam Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Magog said:
    It's thematic guys, don't you see?  You're all obviously not zealous enough to complete the Trial of Zeal!

</sarcasm>
    So D3Go is like Nicol Bolas! Now it all makes sense!
  • Zero416
    The updated poll is here,
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65681/what-are-optimal-node-settings-part-2-6-19-17/p1

Been posted since june 26 and over 70% voted in favour too change it.  But they are dragging their feet on this feedback.  Disappointing.
  • PersonMan
    PersonMan Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I hate timers in general.  But its not horrible. 

To beat the bosses, I find that I need a Planeswalker with a capstone ability that adds +X attack whenever something happens.  Sorin works well for me, plus Cast Out, some cheap lifelink creatures, and some Cycle cards for consistency.  I don't think I even have any Mythics in the deck I use.  

Dovin with a Dragon Cycle deck would probably be better, but I find it tedious to play. 

If you can consistently win against big bosses (50+ points), you don't need to play many of the cheap enemies to get all the rewards.  But honestly, with the right deck the battle inly takes a couple minutes.