Time for guaranteed 5*, no wasted dupes.

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Well, Hearthstone just announced that you'll get an elite card within ten packs (down from 40), and that elite cards will not be a duplicate of ones you already own (http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20852959/).

So, will this finally prod the devs of MPQ to make similar changes to the legendary draw system?  Who'd be more inclined to support this game if one in every ten LTs was a 5*, and that if you didn't have the character champed, it would be a color you could actually apply.

Comments

• BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    This. Yes please!
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I'm for it, but it may be a pipe dream for us here... 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demiurge will roll to decide 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    10% off my draws are usable 5*s? That's madness! You can't push me into the 5* transition against my will! :P
  • BlackIC
    BlackIC Posts: 65 Match Maker
    fmftint said:
    Demiurge will roll to decide 
    And they roll a Natural 1...
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    This will never happen, forget it. WE MUST PRESERVE THE SCARCITY AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Reaching 5* land is what keeps a lot of people playing and the last thing they'd want is to make it easier.
    Right now the only guaranteed 5*'s are in the daily re-supply every like 100 days and I bet they
    feel that its too generous.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't bother. The forums in general don't seem to understand the concept of artificial scarcity, and there are always comments that demand some amount of free/easy resources that would break the game economy if actually implemented.

Simple point is, MOST people aren't ever supposed to reach 5* land, and those that take the long way around (not spending to get there) are going to have fewer champs (4*s and 5*s) than the top tier players even then. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Still having room to climb keeps people going. If it were too easy to reach the top, people would do so, and quit.
  • amarrero
    amarrero Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    The fact that 5* are so rare is the main reason why dupes shouldn't be allowed. I've been forced to sell multiple covers for 5* that are not fully covered but have 5 covers in a specific cover. It's a soul-sucking experience...

In the same way that they allow us to select BH for characters, they should allow us to select which color we want in case of a 5* BH. Say you have a 1/5/5 BB, you can set him as your BH and select green as the color. Then, in the rare case that you do get a 5* BH, you'll at least be guaranteed that it will be an useful cover without artificially increasing in-game scarcity. 

What say you, Devs?

P.S.: If anybody already suggested something to this effect, I apologize in advance. This is something what I discussed with my alliance mates before but never saw/found in the forums as a suggestion.