Most difficult reward in the game...

Options
MissChinch
MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

the 15 CP reward at 1200 points in PvP is the most difficult reward to get in the game right now, perhaps not the most time consuming, but requires competing against the most difficult teams and requires a better roster than any other test.  Its more difficult to get those 15 CP than any other CP...

I think its the prefect place for the next step in the 5* transition, new token 50% chance to draw from all 5*s, 50% chance to draw from whatever set of 4*s they want.

My reason for suggesting it has all the 5*s is that I think (just an assumption on my part) that most rosters hitting 1200 are likely drawing enough or have drawn enough LLs to be able to make very good progress on the latest 3 5*s, and likely need a better way of snatching covers for 5* heroes they missed.

I also think the sooner we can have a means of getting 5*s not tied to CP the easier it will be to look at CP as a primarily 4* targeted resources, which could change how its spent and hoarding patterns.  Since its divorced from CP it can have a much higher percent chance to pull a 5* because there are no means to overload on it, at absolute best its a 50% chance to get a 5* every 3 days or so, available only to the best rosters.

Full disclosure:  I have never gotten to 1200, not even in the days of baking...  now even with grills 1200 is too high for my current roster, so this would have no effect on my roster for the near term.

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    That 1200 PvP isn't the most difficult reward in the gam.  Harder ones (attempted to sort by difficulty):
    Final Champ reward for Howard the Duck or Devil Dinosaur.
    Final Champ reward for any 5*
    Final Champ reward for Bagman.
    Any Champ reward for any 5*
    Any Champ reward for Howard the Duck or Devil Dinosaur.
    Final Champ reward for any 4*
    Any Champ reward for Bagman.

So it's probably in the top 20 :-p

More on topic though...  I've never been close to 1200, I think I almost broke 1000 once.  I don't see me breaking 1200 anytime soon unless a significant change to PvP is made.  So what the reward is feels like a moot point to me.  The only concern I have about changing it is making it a 5* would make people even more devious in PvP then they already are to get that reward and it could turn PvP into a bigger tinykitty show than it already is.
  • MissChinch
    Options
    broll said:
    That 1200 PvP isn't the most difficult reward in the gam.  Harder ones (attempted to sort by difficulty):
    Final Champ reward for Howard the Duck or Devil Dinosaur.
    Final Champ reward for any 5*
    Final Champ reward for Bagman.
    Any Champ reward for any 5*
    Any Champ reward for Howard the Duck or Devil Dinosaur.
    Final Champ reward for any 4*
    Any Champ reward for Bagman.

So it's probably in the top 20 :-p

More on topic though...  I've never been close to 1200, I think I almost broke 1000 once.  I don't see me breaking 1200 anytime soon unless a significant change to PvP is made.  So what the reward is feels like a moot point to me.  The only concern I have about changing it is making it a 5* would make people even more devious in PvP then they already are to get that reward and it could turn PvP into a bigger tinykitty show than it already is.

I should have phrased the "reward" differently...  but 1200 is certainly a lot harder than getting a champ reward for DD, howard or bagman...   probably very close to getting a 5* champ reward, because by then unless you picked a bad 5* to take as your champ I'd hope you could be hitting 1200... I dunno...

I'm not there yet either, but the transition is backed up and providing more CP in general to speed along the 4* transition would also speed along the 5* transition...  its not something the devs can tweak independently until they provide transition paths with different resources.

The 5* transition is able to be effectively started at the same time you start the 4* transition, it just involves hoarding CP and dumping it on the latest legends, the only CP available to a fully developed 4* roster that's not available to a 3* roster ready to transition to 4*s is the last PvP CP reward...  which while useful, is absolutely not required to make 5* progress...

I would like looking forward to a better roster giving me access to a better means of transitioning to 5*s, because right now the most efficient way to transition to 5*s is available early on and sucks (I think everyone is aware that LLs in bulk is the only sane way to use your CP, unless you've already got the latest 3 fully covered and are taking pot shots at ones you missed in classics...).

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Before we start giving new rewards for pvp they focus on fixing match making
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agreed that it's tough to get to 1200 in this post CC world. No matter how much I improve my roster, I'm always placed against tougher opponents from 700 onward. Sometimes I get there, most times I don't. But I'm mostly okay with that, because what other choice do I have.

I think that if there were more rewards between 900 and 1200, then there'd be more people looking to go past 900, and it would be easier for all of us to get there. But that's probably not what they want to happen.
  • MissChinch
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    Agreed that it's tough to get to 1200 in this post CC world. No matter how much I improve my roster, I'm always placed against tougher opponents from 700 onward. Sometimes I get there, most times I don't. But I'm mostly okay with that, because what other choice do I have.

I think that if there were more rewards between 900 and 1200, then there'd be more people looking to go past 900, and it would be easier for all of us to get there. But that's probably not what they want to happen.

Yeah they would have to want to move people along...   if they do that 1200 reward is the only one that cant be gotten by a 3* roster...

It makes sense because they choose to use the same currency to fund the 4* transition as they did the 5* transition, they just made all the CP rewards available pretty much all at once in 3* land.

I do hope they want to move people along, because stagnating here with the ratio of new 4*s to 5*s (and some 3*s) only gets worse...  they've already substantially undermined the champion system at the 4* tier, balancing gets more difficult at an increasing rate with each new character they add and each character is appearing less and less frequently.

• rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    well I am definitely a 4* roster, I don't have 5s at a level to use, I still think the 1200 is not too hard to get.  It is if you don't want to spend hp and use shields, but I regularly get it without using any 5*s.  
  • MissChinch
    Options
    rossmon said:
    well I am definitely a 4* roster, I don't have 5s at a level to use, I still think the 1200 is not too hard to get.  It is if you don't want to spend hp and use shields, but I regularly get it without using any 5*s.  

I can totally rescind my comment about the 1200 being harder to get than a 5* champ reward then...   I've never gotten to 1200, but I typically only have one boosted 4* and don't do more than 2 hops at most...  I have no issue taking your word for it whatsoever...   if its reasonable, I may make time to focus on it a bit more once this new scaling stuff goes live in PvE...

Thanks 

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    rossmon said:

I can totally rescind my comment about the 1200 being harder to get than a 5* champ reward then...   I've never gotten to 1200, but I typically only have one boosted 4* and don't do more than 2 hops at most...  I have no issue taking your word for it whatsoever...   if its reasonable, I may make time to focus on it a bit more once this new scaling stuff goes live in PvE...

Thanks 

It's reasonable for a 4* roster if you
    A) don't play in s2 or currently s4
    B.)have a general notion about what you are doing in PVP 
    C) are in an alliance that has access to a BC/check room
    D) your 4s are above level 310

You won't get 1200 with a 4* roster by playing it by ear.
  • MissChinch
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    rossmon said:

Thanks 

My 4*s aren't above 290...  but I definitely didn't give it a solid enough effort to immediately poopoo the chance...   I'll probably re-assess after I've spent some CP I'm saving up...  

I wouldn't say no to adding 15 CP every few days, however if I'm planning on opting for a faster less rewarding PvE I expect 1200 to be way outside my acceptable effort:reward ratio.

• xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All it takes to get to 1200 is at least a 4* roster, an active shield check room, and the HP to use between one and three shields.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    rossmon said:

Thanks 

Pretty much this with the caveat that if you do the first three the last one is very fungible.  

I've hit 1200 in 4 out of the last 5 events with far less than 310s (my highest is peggy at 305 who is used only for grilling unless she is boosted).  

I'd swap #4 for has a wide number of 4*s champed.  Having boosted champs matters much more than levels on champs.  The battle chat is an absolute necessity though.  I never hit past 900 before I joined one.  Also the lower your 4*s are the more you should expect to spend in shields.  

As for the OP please no.  That would make the top reward in PVP much more competitive than it is now.  If you are having trouble getting to 900/1200 now your suggestion would make it far less likely to get that high.  Top level PVP is already cutthroat enough.