Pick opponent pw in tg

Options
Gormhaus
Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
I think you should be able to pick your opponent planeswalker in training grounds or have the option of having it pick randomly. It would be useful for testing decks and would be doubly usefull in not fighting koth 75% of the time.

Comments

• Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My coalition and I have tossed around a few ideas to make Training Grounds more appealing.  This one never came up but I agree that picking your opponent PW would indeed be a nice feature.

We'd like to see a feature to play against a teammate's build and against one of your own (to see how well the computer uses it).
  • Gotcha617
    Gotcha617 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    Complete fail for training grounds...the need to make it a standard or legacy options for entering. I would love to test out decks for the standard format but keeping up with grip/to the slaughter while the enemy cast Emrakul and Olivia eveyrturn. It's the entire reason I use koth. It's a chore to play so I want it over fast. If there was a standard format I would test a variant only non cycle decks. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or maybe make it impossible to face the same color or Planeswalker twice in a row?
    BTW - I'm trying to fight the Kothception ( at least for some others) by playing the last match with any pw that's neither nahiri nor koth.
  • Furks
    Furks Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How about random daily quests (like Hearthstone) to get crystals/runes. (maybe remove current rewards?) this should increase deck diversity. 

Though I'd like to see these alongside all the other suggestions
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe after you complete progression -- before it just gives you an advantage. But then again -- shouldn't we be building decks to take on anything? Isn't that the point of testing?
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hey.  I have an idea. Let's get rid of training grounds where we all just get 4 wins and stop and do a daily battle with league table available and prizes for ranking.  Oh yeah. that was called quick battle.  At least in that j used to run the gauntlet. Ie. Used every planeswalker I own and once they won a match moved into the next one.  Now I have pws I never use 
  • Damien
    Damien Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I cycled through every PW and I was constantly changing my cards around. I think I only had 8 unmastered cards before they got rid of QB. I feel my game play has declined since its been gone. They definitely need to bring it back. Training grounds just isn't working for me.