I just pulled 6 one star spiderman covers in a row from standard tokens

Options
Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
Can anyone beat that streak on any token or any character?

Comments

• OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    I pulled 5 Yelenas in a row back in the day when I used to hoard ALL THE TOKENS. I was so annoyed I actually contemplated rostering her. 

I didn't. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I might have. I know I got a ton of 1* Storms in a row at one point, and I think I also got a major streak of 1* BW, but I never really pay all that much attention to those, so I don't know for sure.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Someone posted they got  6 Medusa Purple in a row.  If the pulls are indeed random, then that would be impossible.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/691211#Comment_691211
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    heybub said:
    Someone posted they got  6 Medusa Purple in a row.  If the pulls are indeed random, then that would be impossible.

Extremely improbable, sure. Not impossible.
  • heybub
    Options
    2E-9% to hit 5 purple Medusa...then he claims he hit another one on his next pull...so, yeah...impossible.  So either dude is exaggerating, or there's a bug.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    /shrug
    Anectodal evidence is anecdotal.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    heybub said:
    2E-9% to hit 5 purple Medusa...then he claims he hit another one on his next pull...so, yeah...impossible.  So either dude is exaggerating, or there's a bug.
    Inconceivible! 

;) 

Also, you misread his post, so your calculations are incorrect. (hint: you have assumed that he has told you about every single token pull he made over that time period. He has not. Look at the dates of his posts, the type of tokens he mentioned earning, and make a reasonable assumption about what kind of player earns those tokens, and how many tokens (of all types!) a player of that level would have actually earned in that time frame. ) 
  • heybub
    Options
    heybub said:
    Inconceivible! 

;) 

Also, you misread his post, so your calculations are incorrect. (hint: you have assumed that he has told you about every single token pull he made over that time period. He has not. Look at the dates of his posts, the type of tokens he mentioned earning, and make a reasonable assumption about what kind of player earns those tokens, and how many tokens (of all types!) a player of that level would have actually earned in that time frame. ) 
    Look, your facts are getting in the way of a good story.  I like my calculations and impossible conclusions. :)

He actually said in the original post that he pulled 5 Purple Medusa's in a row, which I calculated the probability for, and did not include the the 6th cover he posted on a few days later.

Now, I assumed, those 5 Medusa's were his only pulls.  Maybe he pulled 50 tokens, and just happened to get 5 purple Medusa's, along with a slew of other covers, The chances of getting 5 of one color of a character before getting any other is much much higher than 2E-9%.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Currently doing a Ragnarok Lighting Round.

I'm up to 7 BLACK 1* Venom covers in a row. It's different odds than a token pull, but so far I've gotten same character AND color.

And then a Daken. So I capped out at 7.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    heybub said:

Extremely improbable, sure. Not impossible.

Yes that was me, and I opened a support ticket as well as I thought it was a glitch..... :(

I put in the support ticket when I got 4 in a row, ended up getting 7 total in a row. then went dry for a few weeks of getting mordo blue over and over again, after now I just opened up and got 2 more medusa purple covers.

Its how it goes sometimes.......

Here is the response from support.

"

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

There is no guarantee to obtain rare characters or covers when redeeming recruit tokens or purchasing recruit token packs. The drop rates for each Recruit Token can be found by clicking the "?" icon displayed in their respective stores and are broken down for each featured event. Drop rates can be both good or bad, and the rate at which you pull covers has its own probability. While some probabilities may seem low, they can still occur. Please keep in mind that each Token pull made does not affect the outcome of your following pulls.

To increase your likelihood of obtaining the covers you seek, you could keep an eye out for an event offering enhanced drop rates for the desired cover and purchase packs from the event's store or participate in the event to earn tokens. Otherwise, event rewards are also a great way to earn covers.

We understand your feelings regarding the drop rates. However, please note that probabilities for a given cover are not a guarantee. Since the outcome you observed is among the many possibilities, we will be unable to take any further action regarding this issue. We are sorry to hear that you didn't get the covers that you were hoping for, and we hope that you have better luck in the future, but there is little we can do regarding this issue.

"

• DyingLegend
    Options
    heybub said:

Not exaggerating... it really happened. I even submitted a ticket......
  • DyingLegend
    edited July 2017
    Options
    heybub said:
    heybub said:
    Inconceivible! 

;) 

Look, your facts are getting in the way of a good story.  I like my calculations and impossible conclusions. :)

He actually said in the original post that he pulled 5 Purple Medusa's in a row, which I calculated the probability for, and did not include the the 6th cover he posted on a few days later.

Now, I assumed, those 5 Medusa's were his only pulls.  Maybe he pulled 50 tokens, and just happened to get 5 purple Medusa's, along with a slew of other covers, The chances of getting 5 of one color of a character before getting any other is much much higher than 2E-9%.

Nope, I opened up those tokens in that order that day w/o extras. I submitted a ticket, they said it can happen as nothing is guaranteed .

I bought a lottery ticket after and won 10 bucks. I used that to by VIP for the month hahahaha