Who should be the first 6 *.

Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
Should it be symbolic to the marvel universe. Maybe 6 stars should be cosmic level individuals.

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    It will be a variant we already have 4 or 5 of like Spider-man or Iron Man because we all know that's what they're gonna do...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's enough power creep (or rather, wild jump) with 5*s, and they're already hard to get ahold of due to the exclusively RNG nature of recruiting them. We didn't really need 5*s. 6*s just sounds like a mistake.

That aside, I would be interested in an unusual class of characters whos rarity changes depending on the number of covers applied. Sort of a "What If! ...Onion Knight from Final Fantasy were a Marvel character?" The first few levels treat it like a 1*, but able to level more on a few covers than any 1* normally could. 3 covers allows you to level it to 50, and the fourth promotes it to 2*, applying 15 levels automatically. At six covers, it becomes a Rare. At 9 covers, a Legendary. The 12th makes it Epic.

Sorry, just a weird thought.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    I've been warned about even mentioning 6*....

broll said:
    It will be a variant we already have 4 or 5 of like Spider-man or Iron Man because we all know that's what they're gonna do...

The first 5* was Silver Surfer, who was completely unique, so maybe they'd do the same with a  6*.  

I'm pushing for Groo (So awesome!), or Mysterio.  It would probably be somebody lame, like Red Skull or God Emperor Doom or Gambit, or somebody else whom nobody repeatedly asks for every day in the forums....
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lordy, let there never be 6*.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    heybub said:
    broll said:

The first 5* was Silver Surfer, who was completely unique, so maybe they'd do the same with a  6*.  
    6* Captain Universe Spider-Man? Both a variant AND someone completely unique.

Though for real, 6*S will ruin this game. 5*s were designed from the release to be end-game content, and this game already has mis-management problems with the roster (1*s and 2*s are virtually useless, vaulting away half the 3*s and most of the 4*s, poor availability of 5*s, etc). Adding another tier at this point would probably be disastrous.
  • broll
    edited June 2017
    Captain Universe Spider-Man was one of the first things that popped into my head too, but I couldn't remember the character name, just the outfit design.

As far as 6* breaking the game it depends on how they do it.  I always though the way they should do 6* is:
    1.  Eliminate the 1* tier.
    2.  Release a new prologue targeted at 2*/3* rosters with appropriate rewards.
    3.  Drop Standard Tokens and Replace with Elite Tokens at each appropriate step.
    4.  Add 4*s into Elite Tokens.
    5.  Heroic tokens replace Elite Tokens and drop the 2*s.
    6.  Add a new token that contains 3*/4*/5* that would replace the current Heroic Token.
    7.  Latest stores become 5*/6* only (probably have to change the token type to something new so people don't have thousands saved up)
    8.  Update DDQ: Drop the 1* battle (don't replace it).
    9.  Update DDQ: The second 2* match becomes 3* dat required character, still gives specific 3*s.
    10. Update DDQ: Dat required character becomes a 4* and gives specific 4* covers.  

This would also be a huge help to dilution as the new top 2 tiers drop down to having 16/0 characters respectively.

TL;DR - Eliminate 1*s, move each teir down a level so for example 2* is the new 1* and 6* is the new 5*.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Captain Universe Spider-Man was one of the first things that popped into my head too, but I couldn't remember the character name, just the outfit design.

As far as 6* breaking the game it depends on how they do it.  I always though the way they should do 6* is:
    1.  Eliminate the 1* tier.
    2.  Release a new prologue targeted at 2*/3* rosters with appropriate rewards.
    3.  Drop Standard Tokens and Replace with Elite Tokens at each appropriate step.
    4.  Add 4*s into Elite Tokens.
    5.  Heroic tokens replace Elite Tokens and drop the 2*s.
    6.  Add a new token that contains 3*/4*/5* that would replace the current Heroic Token.
    7.  Latest stores become 5*/6* only (probably have to change the token type to something new so people don't have thousands saved up)
    8.  Update DDQ: Drop the 1* battle (don't replace it).
    9.  Update DDQ: The second 2* match becomes 3* dat required character, still gives specific 3*s.
    10. Update DDQ: Dat required character becomes a 4* and gives specific 4* covers.  

This would also be a huge help to dilution as the new top 2 tiers drop down to having 16/0 characters respectively.

TL;DR - Eliminate 1*s, move each teir down a level so for example 2* is the new 1* and 6* is the new 5*.
    ... The amount of thought you put into that post is a little disturbing.
  • broll
    LOL.  That's actually an old idea I dust off every now and then.  I made a few tweaks, but this was my original thought to how they should have addressed dilution vs vaulting (though it would be vaulting, but vaulting the 1*s no one cares about).
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would say rather than "Eliminate 1*s" to "Turn 1*s into 2*s." Keep the base a little more broad (though to be fair, if the new base are the current 2*s/3*s, it would already be way more broad than it currently is).

I've thought of my own crazy "mass upgrades" to the game, but rather than transitioning to the 6* tier, I started with adding more characters, and then making the game broader/deeper, so that moving "up" to 6*s isn't necessary.

It all starts with a little thinking while bored, and later on you're working on solving problems like "If we have new 5*/6* tokens, we might want a new currency so people can't dump HP/CP hoards on them."
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017

The first 6*

Beak
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    6* Stan Lee of course
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Warbringa said:
    6* Stan Lee of course
    Or even the whole "Bullpen"
  • Cartelkuma
    Cartelkuma Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    If they ever became implemented, which I doubt they would, I think 6* would end up being something more than just one of 3 in a team. I can see it being more of a captain system or whatever you would name name it. Including a brand new tile called a "captain tile" perhaps. I don't see them adding 6 stars how 5 stars are today however and in all honesty, this game will reach it's end before the implementation of 6 stars was required regardless. Mpq isn't the type of game to be immortalized, it's really not very good. Staying on topic though, adding that captain or "deity" feature even would be a cool way to add something fresh in regards to truly OP characters such as living tribunal, marquis of death, beyond omega level threats, etc.  Such characters would be awesome to have in game but because of their raw power I don't believe simply making them a usual usable character is befitting them since 6 stars requires a change in economy and adding them to 5 stars would be a disgrace to their name and power.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    In a lot of ways, it should be Namor. He's the oldest Marvel character who's still pretty broadly known, often branded as "The First Mutant", and he's been on more superhero teams than Wolverine and nearly as many supervillain teams.