What's the best suggestion to help players get old 4* covers?

odie_r2d2
odie_r2d2 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
I got so tired of how hard it is to get old 4* covers with the new system, that I specifically registered for the forums just to complain about it. I personally think there needs to be an easier way to get them! All the 4* covers I want the most are old covers and it will take me years to get them all with the new system. I've created a list of all the suggestions for change I can think of. Vote for the best and comment if you have other suggestions or feedback. 

What's the best suggestion to help players get old 4* covers? 28 votes

Make all 4* covers available from all packs that give 4*s like before.
3%
Wumpushunter 1 vote
Make different 4*s available in the different packs (new 4*s in "Latest Legends", old 4*s in "Classic Legends" and all 4*s in Heroic packs)
10%
StarfurySpidurman27talleman 3 votes
Create a new, cheaper pack (maybe 15 CP) that exclusively gives old 4*s and eventually old 5*s when they get old enough.
46%
favabearmohioOrionKannanWEBGASn25phillyrastafari7FelessabrollKillaBeeSwarmWalrusGoonermurmitSpringSoldierPlatty616 13 votes
Create a new, more expensive pack (maybe 35 CP) where you can customize which 3 5*s and which 12 4*s you can get.
32%
moss04MagicneodukeVomit FountainMjolnirmight2ReecohDroflewMach0maineodie_r2d2 9 votes
Create a new Deadpool Daily event that specifically helps players get old 4*s in some way (like how we can earn legendary tokens once every 5 days ).
7%
LemmingStampedeBobby_Lishez 2 votes
The system is best exactly the way it is now. No changes are needed.
0%

Comments

• n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Create a new, cheaper pack (maybe 15 CP) that exclusively gives old 4*s and eventually old 5*s when they get old enough.
    Time travel
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if they did make a 4* pack that contains only 4*s not available in the current packs, you're crazy if you think they'd be cheaper. Then the only "correct" way to play and collect 4* characters would be to wait until they move into the "vintage" pack. Until of course there are so many characters in that pack that it's still practically impossible to actually get covers for the character you currently want most. If only there was a way to tell D3 which 4* you wanted to see the most...

Speaking of which, which 4* have you selected as your bonus hero? How's that been working out?
  • odie_r2d2
    Create a new, more expensive pack (maybe 35 CP) where you can customize which 3 5*s and which 12 4*s you can get.
    I choose Iceman, Cyclops, Peggy Carter and Red Hulk... I've gotten 2 or 3 of those bonus covers since they started the new system... And, of course I've opened at least 50 legendary packs just to get those 2 or 3 covers I actually wanted. 
  • odie_r2d2
    I probably got about 10 - 12 of those covers in the same amount of time before the change. 
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I kind of like several options, but only one seems realistic:
    - earning 4* at DDQ- maybe, but it would probably be an essential node, conditioning earning a new cover by having an older cover which wouldn't help new players too much
    -a more expensive token where you can customize- dream on! It would kill all their stores and everything else
    - the vintage heroic token seems realistic and acceptable- either at the same price of current stores or cheaper if it's diluted.

@Jaedenkaal
    If that were true, about the vintage heroic, than nobody would be opening Latest Legends. Plenty of people prefer getting a few characters at epic levels quickly rather than having few covers of each and champing them in months/years. (I'm not one of them, I'd buy vintage tokens only).
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually like the custom pack for 35 CP. But it will probably feed too much to the needs of whales. I guess the DDQ update would be most welcome.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Make different 4*s available in the different packs (new 4*s in "Latest Legends", old 4*s in "Classic Legends" and all 4*s in Heroic packs)
    I like the idea of different heroes in different packs - especially with power creep, having the latest 12 be 25 CP LL while the 30-40 old 4* be 20 CP along with the old 5* would give 4* players a good decision about how to spend their CP.  

If you're concerned about dilution, concentrate your pulls but pay a premium.
    If you want the variety and discounting is your thing, go classics.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards

@Jaedenkaal
    If that were true, about the vintage heroic, than nobody would be opening Latest Legends. Plenty of people prefer getting a few characters at epic levels quickly rather than having few covers of each and champing them in months/years. (I'm not one of them, I'd buy vintage tokens only).
    Isn't that what's happening, though? Who buys latest legend tokens if all they want are the 4*s? No one, that's who.
  • Mach0maine
    Mach0maine Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I'm just sick and tired of all the essentials in PVE and DPD and the boosted characters are all being vaulted covers.

Apart from the new releases I have not much chance of getting them all, even with the favouriting system they are just far too rare.

More annoyed because I bought all the starks I needed and got the entire roster that's currently available but I still can't enjoy the game fully or always severely disadvantaged compared to experienced players.

They need to Sort it out because I'm losing the will to play the way the game currently is 
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Best suggestion to help players get retired 4* covers?  

Feels like a lost cause, giving people retired 4* covers is in direct opposition to D3/demi's direction the past few months...  IIRC they're actually doing a great job of it as that's the only area they've been able to prevent people from cheating their brains out to make progress...  Weird, but I could be wrong.

Many great suggestions exist in the myriad of vaulting complaint threads, they've all been ignored, but remain nice ideas for conversation purposes...   My favorite being a store with 3 5* and 12 4*s, tokens purchasable for 25 CP and the heroes change every few days, combos can be themed or not so long as they cycle through all available characters eventually (not the same "eventually" that the HfH store is changing to either...)
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Make all 4* covers available from all packs that give 4*s like before.
    Put it back the way it was and boost Bonus Hero chances to 10%.  Dilution MIGHT have been a problem ro some but the reason demi and D3 vaulted was to make a cash store. Period.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Even though vaultings pros and cons have been discussed to death, the people that have benefitted has been everyone. Newer players are champing way faster than when I started and older players are progressing even faster than before. There is barely enough ISO to champ to keep up with the new releases let alone to fit a vaulted character in. I have 11 vaulted characters in need of covers or ISO, but I won't champ them due to the fact that it will slow my progression. This is my opinion. I don't expect everyone to agree. 
  • Mach0maine
    Mach0maine Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    At the very least they could get rid of 2*s in the vintage heroic store. I'd understand if it was available all season long but its only for 5 days? and you get **** 2 stars? come on man

If D3 are really trying to move on then they should stop making vaulted covers essentials in every single event then? it doesn't add up