Next reward at 50 wins!

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
Is this a new thing? I so rarely pay attention to the reward pop-ups during lightning rounds (like most people I am trying to burn down the seed teams before they disappear), but I noticed this earlier today. 50 wins!? I don't think the other LR rewards display like this. If this is a long-standing bug I didn't see it with a quick search in the bug forum. I'm playing on iOS.

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    The text is new. But it means 50 points. Lightning rounds have given a standard token at 50 points for as long as I can remember. But for whatever reason, the most recent Lightning Rounds have said "50 wins" instead. And ONLY for that token, to my knowledge.

No idea what it means. But a method of PVP that focuses on wins instead of points sounds interesting.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The same dialog box is popping up in BP's PvP. Haven't seen it before this week myself.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Off season pvp format trial?
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    What if this is a general count? 50 wins (any PvP) - standard token, 100 wins - 250 iso, 150 wins - Elite token, 200 wins - 500 iso, 250 wins - heroic token.... 

I guess that getting to thousands of wins where the top rewards might be (say a guaranteed 5* or at least LT) would take time but it would just be extra resources for what you are already doing. Doesn't go well with my decline in PvP play but I would welcome it (especially if you could track the progress).
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't imagine that it would be 50 wins for that. I'd expect is more that something has been put in the background for a trial and has come into the text in error, and the variable will be changed from points to wins for my imagined trial. Or what Magic said.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    CT1888 said:
    I can't imagine that it would be 50 wins for that. I'd expect is more that something has been put in the background for a trial and has come into the text in error, and the variable will be changed from points to wins for my imagined trial. Or what Magic said.
    Kinda like when they accidentally went live with the new DDQ layout and no one understood what it was about. Good times!

We all knew what that layout was about immediately, just D3 feigned ignorance.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Theory:  progression will be based on wins vs point gain.  Placement will be based on score.  They may or may not coincide.  My fear:  requires more play for progression awards (see PVE 5 win requirement) than currently, where you can get some big point matches and get high up with less play.  My request:  if this is a new PVP progression system incoming, at minimum, assume 30 point matches when assigning levels of progression.  Ex: 30 wins is equal to 900, or 4*.  

If this is the harbinger of a new system, it could encourage lower rosters to play PVP.  The biggest complaint is point loss; many players are happy with progression awards and separating the two (progression and placement) would be a smart move.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Theory:  progression will be based on wins vs point gain.  Placement will be based on score.  They may or may not coincide.  My fear:  requires more play for progression awards (see PVE 5 win requirement) than currently, where you can get some big point matches and get high up with less play.  My request:  if this is a new PVP progression system incoming, at minimum, assume 30 point matches when assigning levels of progression.  Ex: 30 wins is equal to 900, or 4*.  

If this is the harbinger of a new system, it could encourage lower rosters to play PVP.  The biggest complaint is point loss; many players are happy with progression awards and separating the two (progression and placement) would be a smart move.

If they base the 25 CP on matches played alone, every high level PVP player will quit on the spot.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    bluewolf said:

If they base the 25 CP on matches played alone, every high level PVP player will quit on the spot.
    Good point....maybe a blend of wins and points.  Lower tier rewards based on wins (to the first event token for example), afterwards based on score.  Currently, PVP is almost completely pointless to even play for 6 months to a year for new players.  That's simply bad design.  Newer players should at least feel that they can play it a little.  A new system could help.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    bluewolf said:

Although, once you get past 900 in PvP, MMR breaks and you start seeing a bunch of 3* and low 4* teams worth single digit points.  A high level PvP player would just feast on those if they just needed pure wins.  You think the 4* transitioners complain about PvP now, if that happened they would all riot.