more wave node issues

Crnch73
Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
I have gotten accustomed to the wave node issues happening, when someone's passive fires before they are even on the board as an enemy. A common occurrence is 3 star Captain Marvel, her energy absorption firing even though she was not on the board when the damage was dealt.

Now, the enemy is actually firing active powers before they are on the board. I was playing the big enchilada today, and 3 star blade fired his "night stalker" power when he wasn't on the board. Moreover, no enemy was even downed. There were 3 active and alive enemies on the board, none were blade. But his power fired, his green countdown that steals AP from me was placed on the board, and he didn't appear for another 2 turns. So, he was stealing AP for 2 turns without him even being an enemy yet.

It seems these get caused by AOE powers, and powers that fire more than once per turn. For example, when War Machine throws out his gattling gun CD's. If one goes off and kills an enemy, but he has another 1 or 2 CDs remaining to go off in the same turn, it seems to mess up the wave node. Same thing that might eliminate multiple enemies from a wave with AOE. If an AOE attack downs 2 or 3 enemies at once, with more coming as part of the same wave, it messes everything up as well.

More of the same bugs! Yippee!

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    sounds like a team-up power to me.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I mean... I guess it's possible. If the AI had a blade TU and also had blade as one of the people in the wave, that would explain it. It just seems way too coincidental to have the same enemy pop up 2 turns later, right after I used an AOE attack.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could foresee something like this happening if the AI had done it's predetermined thing and knew one of them was going to die on its turn. Say, if you had Dr Strange. It predetermines what its going to do, calculations say Flames will kill guy in front, so it fires a power for someone who will show up before they actually do. At the very least, we know that character portraits will move in early when the AI knows that a new wave is about to come up.
  • panglossian
    panglossian Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Yeah, @Jaedenkaal is right here - there was a recent day with Blad3 as the last enemy in the wave and also in the team-up. It amused me to see it played (with the card indicating a team-up), then a couple of turns later, he turned up.
    It's a bit odd, but I don't think it's the first time it's happened, now that allowing character collisions have turned all matches into a free-for-all.