Let me at least get to 900!

Options
mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
In the past, my #SquadGoals were to make it to 1200. I get to do it sometimes, but it's rare. Now, my goals are generally to make at least 575 and get that sweet CP, or hopefully hit 700+. I find it ridiculous that I can't even get from 700 to 900 without massive defensive losses.

Now I know that it's crazy of me to do 3 battles in a single shield hop!! No need to criticize me for doing that. I'm on it.

And yet.... it doesn't make sense that someone can knock out 50 points (or two people can knock out 100 points)!!! The most I can score myself is 75 points. So that means that my hops are basically useless at this point. Make 150 points, lose 100+ points. What is the point? And this is only at 700 points!! I can imagine it near 1200 points, but not even 900 points, and I'm drowning! It's just not right.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with people attacking me when I'm unshielded. I certainly do the same to them. But I should not be losing massive amounts of points on defensive losses when I haven't even made it to 900 points. That's just not right. It should at least wait until I've cleared 900 points before I start losing a lot on defensive losses. Preferably let me get to 1200 before I lose lots of points. I mean I've stuggled for over 1000 days to get some championed 5*s... perhaps I deserve something to show for it (obvious I don't!!!).

I believe the reason why this is happening is because MMR is crazy when you have championed 5*s, so that the main people who can see me when I'm unshielded at 700+ are people down at 100-ish. And I'm fine with them making lots of points off me. Just not me losing tons of points from them.

Comments

• Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    so it is not easy to hit 1200 :smile:
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Sad logic and it's true; here's a metaphor for pvp.
    It is just like when you are in first or second place in Mario Kart and the game gives you banana peels as weapons, while the others in 3rd - 8th place get red shells, mushrooms and even that DAMN flying blue shell! Allowing them to catch up and obtain the chance to place 1st. 
    I feel this game is the same.
     Placing higher in pvp = losing loads of points in pvp
    Annoying when you're chipping away early in pvp for scarp points and then players join/fight later for high amounts of points that you've fought hard for. 
    People say play in the last few hours of pvp, sure but I want to play now. :/ 
    We need a simple and rationally explained point system which we can all understand, so I could KNOW why I lose more than I earn. Come on D3 give us your equation on what the pvp system runs on...or just give us the new pvp system you tested us on in the past.(venting done)
    Goodnight yal'
  • Lucifier
    Options
    @10_EFX_01

People say play in the last few hours of pvp, sure but I want to play now.  
    well if you are going for progression rewards, playing in the last hours will not help you, better start sooner than later.
    but if you are going for placement rewards, then yeah joining late and specially with a fresh bracket will get you a good placement.

We need a simple and rationally explained point system which we can all understand, so I could KNOW why I lose more than I earn
    well i think because you got attacked and lost more than or faster than you attack others and win (which is something you can not avoid, unless you shield a lot hopefully you don't get attacked in your hops).

Come on D3 give us your equation on what the pvp system runs on...or just give us the new pvp system you tested us on in the past
    i think now most players have a good idea about how pvp works not a mystery now, but i agree with you about new pvp system.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    10_EFX_01 said:

We need a simple and rationally explained point system which we can all understand, so I could KNOW why I lose more than I earn. Come on D3 give us your equation on what the pvp system runs on...
    But we have that.
    Below 1000 you lose less points than the attacker gains, so every hit below 1000 is a net point gain for the whole slice.
    So if you lose 30 points at 500, the person who beat you got something like 50-60.

It's not rocket science.

Hits above 1000 is where it hurts - there you lose the full 75 for hits from very low points.
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    10_EFX_01 said:

We need a simple and rationally explained point system which we can all understand, so I could KNOW why I lose more than I earn. Come on D3 give us your equation on what the pvp system runs on...
    But we have that.
    Below 1000 you lose less points than the attacker gains, so every hit below 1000 is a net point gain for the whole slice.
    So if you lose 30 points at 500, the person who beat you got something like 50-60.

It's not rocket science.

Hits above 1000 is where it hurts - there you lose the full 75 for hits from very low points.
    I'm sorry I'm still not understanding the equation. But thanks for the explanation.
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The PvP is definitely ridiculous. For example, in the Close Contact PvP, I was top somewhere in the top 10 and spent a good hour clearing out all my attackers. I was at 750 prior. Now because of how exhausting and grindy it is... I'm back down to high 500s-low 600s.

I honestly don't like the ping-pong back and forth battles. Because not only is the advantage to the attacker and if I lose those battle I lose an extra 20-30 points. However, if I win... the whole thing repeats itself... until I eventually lose out to the points stolen from me from the other players.

It's definitely disheartening and the main reason why PvP for MPQ sucks hard.

This was always an issue for me in MPQ. I was hoping that being out of the PVP for a year or so, would cause the developers to readjust and redo these rewards.

It's crazy that 900 points is still far out of reach for most people.

It's too much work for so little on the table.

PS: I don't really care about being #1 or anything. I would much rather let the sweaty competitive players get those placement rewards, but for trying to achieve Rogue... it's definitely too much frustration and wasted effort on such things--especially being so close to reaching it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Win based PvP was made for players like you and me, hopefully it (or something very much like it) becomes permanent soon.
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I hope so. It just sucks dude.

Just now, it took me nearly an hour to get to 798 and then get pushed back to the low 600s in less than a minute!

All that progress... lost.

Epilogue: Oof. I managed to break 800 somehow but with 3 hours left, I'm bombarded with the "minutemen" coming in late to try to place 1st. So I'm giving up on this PvP... ugh. Bad experience even though I won about 80% of my matches. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
  • Lucifier
    Options
    broll said:
    Win based PvP was made for players like you and me, hopefully it (or something very much like it) becomes permanent soon.
    and me :smile:
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Funny how things have turned for me. I once posted a similar thread, waaay back when. Not the same, though. I was complaining about a triple tap on me by a whale. The thread spiralled out of control and became a heated debate on cupcakes.

Anyways, I'm now in the position that is awkward: I actually have come to like PVP matches. I look at the list of boosted chars, see if I have a killer combo to climb and to defend, the start timing my climb. I float, shield, use boosts, anything that is necessary to get to my goal for that particular event. I usually go for 900 now, but every now and then I lay back and be satisfied with 575.

Very rarely do I fail to reach my target. Once in every blue moon, but sometimes I do fail. I shrugged and move on.

I also am in a position of not liking the newly tested progression system. Forty wins to get the 4* reward? No, thank you. I usually can get to 900 in 25-30 wins. The new system forces me to spend twice the time I currently spend in PVP. And being a worker with a day job, more time spent on a mobile game means less bonus for me at the end of the month.
  • razorjaw
    razorjaw Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    At least now all you have to do is WIN SEVENTY FOUR TIMES
    LOL
    I think the devs are sleeping.
    Or it spending your VIP charge
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    razorjaw said:
    At least now all you have to do is WIN SEVENTY FOUR TIMES
    LOL
    I think the devs are sleeping.
    Or it spending your VIP charge
    What, for the simulator? Sure, but you have 24 days to do that. So that's only 3 wins per day, plus a couple extra here and there. And there's no placement here at all, so you don't have to worry about your points at all, except season placement, I guess.
  • razorjaw
    razorjaw Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Maybe you're right jaeden... Just seems like way more effort. We'll see how far it gets without feeling like a grind.