What Happened to Exclusive Cards?

Options
bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
I've talked to three people today who are waiting to spend money on Exclusive Cards. Is this not a thing anymore? Is D3 making so much money on crystals that they aren't giving us special offers anymore? 

What would you pay for?

Comments

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rishkars expertise. THAT i would pay for

and for amonkhet? Piramid of the Pantheon or sandwurm convergence
  • bk1234
    Options
    I'm after the Angel of Sanctions
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    good question..If I'd pay for any card of this set, it'd be sandwurm convergence. Maybe Neheb the worthy - won'T happen, since both cards are avaiable. I'm not sure if we'll get event / money exclusive cards before HoD is revealed
  • bk1234
    Options
    @andrewvanmarle
    @Laeuftbeidir

I have 2 sandwurms -- I'd gladly trade one for Cast Off. 

@Brigby -- what about instituting trades instead of the subpar crafting system?
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, Nissa 3.0 is kinda rough to finish when three of the cards in her Master and Expert decks say, "Coming soon!"

Not a whale by any means, but I DO find some of the cards like that to be...entertaining? ...and isn't that what I'm paying for? Entertainment? :D
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Laeuftbeidir neheb the worthy? That's an interesting choice. I believed him to be among the lesser mythics in this set. What do you have in mind for?

I have been waiting for Glorybringer. A creature with built-in repeatable removal? Yes, please.

Vezir also seems interesting.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

I was thinking the Angel and Glorybringer will go on sale for sure.  And... I would probably buy both.

They did just release N3 for cash, and they tend to stagger their sales.

Remember, they can't sell this stuff too often.  They have to wait until people forget how much money they already spent so that they spend some more.

Another strategy is for them to let players sweat it out in Standard, dying for new cards.  Then along comes the exclusive sale after several painful event runs have passed and all of a sudden they sell like hotcakes.

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @bken1234
    sure, you can have two cast outs for one sandworm and..hmm...I'll give you every Aven Mindcensor I'll ever get on top. Better a dupe than aven .

@khurram
    well, at first I have to clearify that I identify myself as a "johnny", so cards with interesting effects are kind of my thing. I didn't like him at first, until I got my rear end beaten by a deck using him.
    The first ability and second abilities are..well, "nice" fits (first strike for all minotaurs/+6 if you have <=1 card in hand). What I really, really like is his last ability.
     Every player discards a card once he deals combat damage.
    I have some standard- and non standard brews in mind. In non-standard he combines card denial with madness-mana-acceleration. In standard the part with the madness is not relevant, but there are still cards left that benefit from getting discarded from your hand - without many options to do so, like creatures with embalm, or approach ( lilli 1s first ability, the black common cycle spell). 
    Just some standard legal example of potential combination cards - Demonic Pact/Alhammarret's Archive (-> turn discard to real card advantage), scraphead, all critters with embalm, Dread Wanderer, Approach of the second Sun, ... 

to the topic again..Angel of Sanctions, the vizier and Glorybringer will probably be sold for Real-Life-Currency; I'm not sure which one I'd rate the highest. Probably the Glorybringer for Standard, the Angel for Legacy (Deploy the Angelwatch o.O) . I hope there will come event exclusive rares in the next expansion, I really miss the thrill !
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, now that they have introduced Standard, it isn't very cool of them to stagger these cards and release them so late to the party.

They have already lost over a month's worth of their usefulness.

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm actually fine with the delay. I'd rather have the dupe system get here before there are any new exclusives. That way I can be more informed about the value of a decision to purchase something. It was a particularly nasty feeling to get two duplicates of Herald of Anguish from the portion of my hoarded KLD packs that I opened when AKH finally dropped. Considering the absolutely garbage party line bullhonky we've been given about how they aren't considering a way to guarantee new, non-dupe mythic cards, I am loathe to be burnt again.
  • bk1234
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I bought Olivia and I've pulled 3 more. In a perfect world, I would have preferred not to pull a dupe of something I purchased, but RNG is RNG, so it doesn't bother me so much. I figure I got to play wither her a lot more than those who pulled her AND so many are still chasing her. 

In other words, I'll save my rage for other things. 
  • Damien
    Damien Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There's not one thing on this game worth what they are charging to me. I really like this game but unless they drop the prices and improve the drop rates I won't be buying anything. I just pulled a dupe AKH mythic today from a PP. I only have 2. Why would I pay money to have that happen? 
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    since we are talking getting dupes of cards after we paid cash for them, here's my tally:
    gisela 2 more dupes after cash payment
    emrakul 2 more dupes
    baral 1 more dupe.

thats 250 sgd worth of duped cards there...
  • bk1234
    Options
    I got a second Gisela as well. 
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @blacklotus. The system is fixed.  I dont have emrakul or baral but I do have 14 reckless fire weavers.  Go figure. I'm sure I can use it somewhere 
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They heard you. Angel in the vault.
  • bk1234
    Options
    Angel is in my inventory! And my Dovin deck for ToA!!