Pretty bummed out by interactions regarding cover exchange.

So my situation is this:
  1. Had a Black 5* Panther with 5 Red Covers
  2. Pulled another Red.
  3. Rostered the new Red, thinking it'd help me avoid accidental deletion since I regarded it as precious
  4. Asked CS for a swap
  5. CS informed me that had I not rostered it, I could not swap the cover, since policy is that only unrostered covers could be swapped.
This was pretty frustrating for me because:
  1. I don't feel there's a reasonable way I could have known that rostering would disqualify me from a swap
  2. It seems reasonable for CS to be able to look at my account and see that I had just rostered the character, and to treat it like a cover.
  3. BP JUST left Latest Legends so my chances of getting another cover are pretty miserable.
I'm not mad at the CS people since I'm sure they have to follow policy, but I'd like you to know that the strictness of the policy combined with its invisibility has really affected my enjoyment here. I've bought my share of Stark Salaries and for the most part enjoy the game, but for now I've gone from really eager to level and try out 5* BP to pretty soured on the whole thing.

Comments

• Hotnfresh
    Hotnfresh Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I hear ya. I just had a terrible interaction with CS too. I wasted a 5* Hawkeye cuz I accidentally trained powers before champing him. Was short 10k ISO to champ. Forgot and retrained him instead. It was my mistake... BUT...

Does CS only help when the error is on their end? There are so many limitations to what they can help you with. And when I rack my brain for situations they CAN help you with, I can only think of a few. I've gotten 10 no's for 1 yes. 

I just quit. I can't, in good consience, keep supporting a company that doesn't put their best foot forward and help when a paying customer requests it. And like yours, it's not a ridiculous request. Yes it was my mistake. But any sensible person realizes the consequence for beligerent CS (or policies they're forced to comply with) is alienating the customer. With d3 every help request is a battle.

These people accept real money in exchange for goods that are only good their mpq world. They make the rules, can bend the rules, can break them. If the rules exist for the health of the community, the game, the profit, fairness for players, etc... I understand.  But giving a canned response saying too bad so sad just doesn't sit right with me. If the rules were more transparant, there would be no reason to complain. Where are these "rules" posted d3? And if they're not posted, shouldn't common sense be the guideline? In my scenario, who does it hurt reimbursing my wasted cover? I won it, lost it, and am asking for them to retrieve it.

I, for one, am done chasing the dragon. And I should thank RK, RBK at d3 CS for making it easy to ditch this game. I would continue to spend far too much $$$ on mpq while getting more perturbed with the moves they make. A good company's CS can diffuse these bombs, but d3's CS blows em all up. 
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    CS won't help you even if they have caused the problem. 

CS skim the tickets and respond to 95%with template answers and immediately close tickets.  The CS reps love these tickets as it makes their resolution rate seem really high, when they have done jack.

Anything that does involve something that is REALLY, REALLY  their fault, like not getting your HP that you paid for, you can expect to wait 72 hours for a response because the CS workers actually have to do some work and their sky-high resolution rate (of insipid this-template-has -nothing-to-do-with-my-issue responses) would then plummet.