Finally got my second ever mythic from Amonkhet

MustangC83
MustangC83 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
You already knew what I was going to put here before you clicked. It was the one I already had. There are 22 mythics in this set. 3 are exclusive so let's just say there are 19.

Comments

• Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Same thing happened to me! Damn unlucky. 
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Something smells really funky this set. I haven't gotten any dupe mythics, but there isn't a single rare from the set I don't have at least than two of, and I still need 19 of them. Feels like I'm stuck in a loop. Weeeeee
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017

It looks like to code for getting new cards overlaps with the old matchmaking system code... you keep getting the same opponent / "new" cards. ;)

Just for your reference: I haven't pulled a single tinykitty mythic from the AKH boosters and premium packs. NONE! The first (and only) AKH mythic I got was via an Elite pack.

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Until now I got two mythics out of boosters (ca 4 premium packs and an imperial tinikittyton of boosters). One from an elite pack. It's actually not that far below average, so I'm not that unlucky.. Still doesn't feel rewarding
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Reading stuff like this every day really doesn't encourage me to spend any money on this app.
  • MustangC83
    MustangC83 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I really was hoping against hope that you had an equal chance of getting any card, not by rarity, but an equal chance of getting any rare when your rare chance comes up.

By making this post I have submitted to the  fact that there is some hidden algorithm that predetermines what rares,mythics, and masterpieces you will get when the pity timer ends. I also think that paying real money will slightly increase your odds, not overwhelmingly, but increased none the less.

The devs can say what they want, there is far too much evidence that when you are up for a rare or higher that you don't have equal chance for any in that tier.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Regarding opening two of the same mythics in a row - it will certainly happen sometimes if there's an equal chance for each card of a given rarity.  The only conclusion we can draw from these individual experiences is that we can definitely rule out certain schemes with non-equal chance for each card of a given rarity (such as you won't open a mythic you already own)... which will not surprise anybody!

I haven't gotten any dupe mythics, but there isn't a single rare from the set I don't have at least than two of, and I still need 19 of them.
    This situation on the other hand is quite remarkable.  I would love to see screenshots of Sirchombli's AKH rare collection!

when the pity timer ends.
    There's no evidence mtgpq has a pity timer; forum anecdotes of very long strings of packs opened without a mythic suggests the opposite is true.  The one case where overriding random rolls to reduce variance has been observed is that 5-card packs with 5 commons drop less often than expected (if at all); instead, packs with 4 commons and 1 uncommon drop more often than would be expected.

I also think that paying real money will slightly increase your odds, not overwhelmingly, but increased none the less.
    There's nil evidence supporting that theory.  It hasn't been tested though.  (Of course, if someone raised a theory that paying real money slightly *decreases* your odds, identical comments would apply.)